HELP! Trying to control Fantom G6 with midi!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
eptupala

HELP! Trying to control Fantom G6 with midi!

Post by eptupala »

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Roland Fantom G6 when trying to change a program via midi & SLM. I have the SLM running and a usb-midi adapter-cable plugged in the Fantom. The screenshots for helping to explane the problem can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm938XMg

The Fantom just doesn't co-operate or take commands. The midi cable has a led light which indicates that the signal is sent, but it doesn't do anything.. In the pictures I have the setups with the devices. I also found a midi-controlling guide from roland and I did as it said. The midi-address of the wanted patch is located under the patch list, and those numbers are identical to my midi-preset in SLM.

The path I'm trying to run in this example is following: I'm in the first patch of the Live-mode, and I'm trying to get to the 8th slot. The cables are correctly, the numbers are correct, the channel should be correct, but only thing I'm wondering is the Device ID on the fantom.. it can be valued between 17-32, and the SLM doesn't have any kind of slot for that.. could it be the missing link?

Am I missing something, I really don't have a clue where to find any answers..

Thank you so much for help!
eptupala

Re: HELP! Trying to control Fantom G6 with midi!

Post by eptupala »

Problem solved: The midi-usb cable didn't have drivers functional with the fantom, but when I bought the Rolands' own, everything works fine. :)