1.5 Update, all fine but no new user patches or live sets

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
darkstar audio

1.5 Update, all fine but no new user patches or live sets

Post by darkstar audio »

Hello!

Hoping that someone can help me out. I recently updated my G8 to 1.5, and followed the directions carefully. Formatted USB, no folder, dropped in both files, powered the G8 on, got a Completed message, powered down and removed USB. On power-up, I did a factory reset per the instructions, but my User Patches and User Live Sets are all empty, INIT.

The reading guide included in the update file shows many, many new patches as well as user live sets, but none are there.

I think I've seen a couple of other folks complaining about this, but any resolutions known? Thanks!
darkstar audio

Re: 1.5 Update, all fine but no new user patches or live set

Post by darkstar audio »

I talked to Artemiy over on his site, and it appears that the USB that I used may have corrupted the FG's flash ram. I'll try to re-update with a smaller, older USB stick. If that doesn't work, then the user nand flash area is corrupt, which means... new main board?

Oh boy...
synthman

Post by synthman »

Do keep us updated on this please.
darkstar audio

Post by darkstar audio »

Turned out to be a corrupt USB stick. Garbage in -> Garbage out. According to Artemiy, it's wise to use older protocol USB sticks, 2 or 4GB, and make sure to format properly first. Also, never remove the USB stick from the FG while it's running, even just loading patches or projects in single play mode. Turn it off first.
synthman

Post by synthman »

I bet you was well relieved it turned out to be a dodgy usb stick and not the mother board. ?