HELP? ARX Expansion board not recognized

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
tson

HELP? ARX Expansion board not recognized

Post by tson »

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to the Fantom G8, which I recently bought used from Guitar Center in mint condition. System Menu showed previous owner had added 256 MB RAM and updated to Version 1.50. After purchase, I discovered an ARX drums expansion board installed in EXP slot 1. Unfortunately, System Menu shows “Not Installed.” I tried removing the card, blowing air in socket, reinstalling and no luck. I tried a couple times, removing and reinstalling in same slot. No luck. I installed (and reinstalled) in EXP 2 slot also. No luck. Again the board was absolutely mint, so I know the owner took care of it.

I’m looking for any hints on troubleshooting, or if someone knows if this is a common occurrence. Obviously, it could be the ARX board went dead, but I don’t know how likely that would be, or if there is another way to progressively troubleshoot. I really don’t want to restore factory defaults and then reinstall Version 1.5, just to get a few extra drums on the ARX board. I’m afraid I would be introducing a lot of potential problems.

Thanks for any help.