The lost Sinevibes Collection for G

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Carlster

The lost Sinevibes Collection for G

Post by Carlster »

Hi all,

This might come off as kind of an odd request from someone who just registered on these forums, but I’ll give it a try.

I’m one of those guys who’s late to the party as I recently became the owner of a used Fantom G8 and found some old articles saying that Sinevibes were selling collections of patches and sounds for it which, according to comments and reviews, were really well made. But every link in every article points at download pages on either Sinevibes or Roland’s website that don’t seem to exist anymore.
I even emailed Sinevibes and got a reply from Mr. Artemiy Pavlov himself saying that they’re "not able to support Roland users in any way anymore” and that Roland isn’t interested in hosting these sounds either. Well, that’s a bummer!

Overall, after googling for hours I get the impression that there are tons of stuff still out there for Fantom X and S, but curiously enough I have had a hard time finding any kind of reliable source for sound libraries for the G, either free or available for purchase besides something called "LDX1 Monster Pack v1" on synthonia.com and well, judging by their demos it didn't exactly rock my boat. There are of course the ARX expansions for sale on eBay, but honestly they don’t interest me either.

As for the lost Sinevibes collection, here’s a rundown of the supposed contents:

Fantom-G Pack: Includes Atmospheres, Bass and Synth: 300 patches.
Fantom-G Super Pack: Atmospheres, Bass, Synth, Organics and Voices: 980 samples, 90
multisampled instruments, 450 patches.
Fantom-G Mega Pack: Atmospheres, Bass, Synth, Drums, Organics, Voices and pre-order for
Analogies: ~1670 samples, 110 multisampled instruments, 510 patches, 40 rhythm kits. Requires min. 256 MB sample memory expansion.

Do any of you guys know if there’s a chance to get hold of these elsewhere, maybe hosted by some third-party vendor? Or do you have any advice to give on where to find some old archives for other patches somewhere?

Kind regards from rainy cold Sweden,
Carl Falkenau
Saxifraga

Re: The lost Sinevibes Collection for G

Post by Saxifraga »

If you can get an official statement from sinevibes that they regard their sounds as "abandonware", I can send you a link to the Mega and Giga collection, which I bought from him in 2014.
joman66

Post by joman66 »

Hey Saxifrage, I know I didn't originally ask for it but I'd be quite interested as well in those if you're willing to send them my way.
I also messaged Sinevibes in October, 2018 on Facebook and got the response I will post.

https://i.imgur.com/yHyVf8g.png
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

I got a response!

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7icvluu1vocku ... 4.png?dl=0[/img]
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5h8vvbbztntm ... 5.png?dl=0[/img]
(Seems I can't view pics with Dropbox. Hm..)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6hj4o0exq6tg ... k.zip?dl=0

If you want to install the packs on an USB stick do the following, which I learned here at the forum:
Format an USB stick with your Fantom G and Create a new FG project with a name of your choosing f.e. "GIGA". Remove USB stick from FG and put it into your computer.
Copy everything from INSIDE the Giga Pack.Prj to that folder on your stick!
(that would be all folders below "Giga Pack.Prj/" aka SMPL/ and SND/ )
Otherwise loading the project can take hours and hours or it dosen't even work at all (after hours of loading!).
Happy downloading & playing!
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

To those who download the Giga Pack. Can you please leave a post about how it worked out for you?
joman66

Post by joman66 »

This is flipping amazing! You're amazing! I'm glad SineVibes are okay with sharing the lost Sinevibes collection! Do you by chance have the tweakbook as well?
Edit: sorry, I'm on mobile and just realized you had that in there as well!
crashcoredump

Post by crashcoredump »

Saxifraga wrote:To those who download the Giga Pack. Can you please leave a post about how it worked out for you?
Just finished downloading and installing, everything loaded without any issues. The instructions are perfect, everything loaded in only a few minutes.

Thank you so much for this, you rock, sir! (And so is Artemiy, I wish he'd still work on Fantom-G stuff, but it's understandable why he wouldn't.)
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

Happy it worked for both of you. :)
It seems like Sinvevibes would be ok with a permanent download option for all their FG related stuff. Sadly I have no anonymous server big enough for that. How can we host this?
I also have the Analogies etc. projects as stand alone projects. Would be nice to have an ftp or cloud archive for it and the stuff we made ourselves.
The Korg Forums have that solution and it's also hosted by Korg. Why Roland dosen't do this at their Axial site is a mystery to me. It sounds like Sinevibes already asked them and turned them down. :(
crashcoredump

Post by crashcoredump »

Saxifraga wrote:Happy it worked for both of you. :)
Thank you!
How can we host this?
I'll take a look-see at available options, I may have a host laying around somewhere.
crashcoredump

Post by crashcoredump »

That is so awesome. Thank you! I will share and post the link as soon as I find a suitable long-term anon-ish location or a host.
Carlster

Post by Carlster »

Wow! I never imagined getting so much response in this thread.
Unfortunately, I pretty much gave up hope before these replies started rolling in and returned the Fantom G.
Anyway, as it seems to be a very good collection, I’m glad to see that it has been revived (thanks to Saxifraga) and that fellow musicians will be able to use it. All the best, guys!
KnightLord

Post by KnightLord »

This is absolutely fantastic! THANKS A TON, guys!!!!!!
dpdurkee

Post by dpdurkee »

From a longstanding and diehard Fantom G user--THANK YOU!!!
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

dpdurkee wrote: 15:57, 21 July 2021 From a longstanding and diehard Fantom G user--THANK YOU!!!
Always a pleasure!