exporting layers/splits from Fantom G8

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
MiodragJevtic

exporting layers/splits from Fantom G8

Post by MiodragJevtic »

Hi,everyone!
I have a question - is it possible to export layers/splits (from "live"), created out of G8 fabric patches/sounds, which have been modified (by changing values and parameters as given on G8) to another Fantom G8 via USB?

My band wants to tour to greater distances from our local point and transporting a G8 in a van for thousands of kilometers is a bit of a drag and flying it by airplane is a bit too costly (and risky). I have tons of layers/splits created out of fabric setups (usually fabric patches) which I've modified.the split/layers also have some samples included, which I imported via USB.

Is there a possibility to export such layers/splits (with or without samples) to an USB and just stick it in another G8? Personally, I think not, but I need an advice from more experienced users.

If this topic has been discussed previously, please send me the link.

thnx in advance
dpalmi123

Re: exporting layers/splits from Fantom G8

Post by dpalmi123 »

Hello!

Yes, it is possible! And very easy!

I play across the country from time to time and often backline a G7 or G8 when I am flying. I just bring along my USB stick (and a backup one too...lol) and load my project from the USB drive right on the backline Fantom. it's just like I am playing my own Fantom!

You just have to save your "Project" to the USB stick. There really isn't any trick to it. I currently use an 8GB stick and have probably about a dozen different projects that I use stored on it....one for each of the different projects I am perform with. I am sure there are other threads on here that talk about saving projects to the USB drive.

Projects include all the settings in your keyboard. Systems settings, samples, Live sets, songs, etc.

Finding a compatible USB drive might be the hardest part, although it's not very hard. This is the USB drive I use. I like this one because it is small enough to leave in the keyboard without worrying about breaking it or the USB port itself when putting the Fantom into a case. I often just leave the drive right in my Fantom.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Profile- ... 07JBPGXZP/

dpalmi