Asking for support on sampling process

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
VintageOrganPlayer

Asking for support on sampling process

Post by VintageOrganPlayer »

Hello Fantom G Experts,
i have a question in rgds to Samples (which I haven’t used until yet but urgently I need now because my 60s original vintage organ does not work for next Saturday show)
I purchased yesterday Vintage organ Samples which are consisting each by 61 WAV files or AIF files (each note a ~2 sec long file)
Various Instruments like e.g.
G101 with Tabsetting A 61 files; setting B61 files; setting C61 files
Vox Continental Setting A 61 files; setting B61 files ; …
Target should be that I can select in performance Mode (Patch 1-8) an individual complete sound-setting of the above like a “Standard – User Patch / or Sample?” (not internal for now but on USB stick saved)
For example:
PerformanceMode USER #007: (empty-> to be called G101 organ)
patch 1: G101 A Set
patch 2: G101 B Set
Patch 3: G101 C Set

But I want to play only 1 patch per time (not multiple together)
PerformanceMode USER #008: (empty-> to be called Vox organ)
patch 1: VOX A Set
patch 2: VOX B Set
Patch 3: VOX C Set
Same as above
What I did so far was reading in the Manual but doesn’t really helped me :- (
1 copied 1 Set of 61 files into the USB Stick Folder called “IMPORT” @ PC. Ok
I used the import Audio – function to see all 61 files marked and imported. Ok. (not entirely saved -> I’m not sure what the difference here is importing with & without saving)
And then I’m quite lost because I do not get the process to manage it to reach the target (which should be possible for my understanding FG7 is able to)
So I went to the screen where I can select Multi-Sample and I routed manually each single of those 61 files to one specific key; this worked so far but took me finally 1h to set this “linkage” or apply how it was called… (unfortunately the key was set always to “C4” I think which I additionally need to correct 61times to the matching .Wav sample note like A2 or C#3… nightmare.
So part of my question is how to reach my target and is there a easier/quicker method to load & address & save e.g. 61 sample notes to a “patch”? maybe there´s a tool existing or FG7 is providing a feature which i´m not aware of.
So I hope that somebody of you can help me until Friday latest to get it work (at least for one or 2 patches (1 G101 & 1 VOX).
That would be great.
Thank you all!
VintageOrganPlayer

Re: Asking for support on sampling process

I forgot to mention that I did save this multisample draft but I was not able to find it again and m sample and I somehow got lost :-(
VintageOrganPlayer

Re: Asking for support on sampling process

i got it work now!
issue was basically on saving the patch after saving multi-sample procedure.
FG is great! :-)