Fantom G MKS-20 Library In the Works

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
DarylWise

Fantom G MKS-20 Library In the Works

Post by DarylWise »

Hello Roland Clan forum members!

Excited to finally be able to post on here!

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Daryl Wise and I own VGSG Music which is a sample library company where I make Yamaha MOTIF Series keyboard libraries and now I'm diving into the Roland FANTOM Series.

I have a library for the Yamaha MOTIF ES, XS, XF, MOXF, Montage and MODX called VGSG's MOTIF Gospel Sound Pack.
The quality of my sounds blew people away and it's become my number one best seller with my customers wanting me to port the library to other keyboards.
You can listen to it here to get a feel of what I'm talking about:
Customer Review Collection Super Cut Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlD2ZAL7it0

Official Montage/MODX Overview Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iMdyEIcMc&t=969s

So with the help of Roland themself, and Chicken Systems Inc. thanks to their Translator and Fantom Creator software, I am in the testing phase nearing the release of my FANTOM Gospel Sound Pack available for the FANTOM X, FANTOM G, and for the first time ever as the market's first ever 3rd Party Sample Pack for the NEW FANTOM!

One thing you will know about me seeing any of my products is that I do not skimp on quality. For years, I actually stayed on Native Instruments' Kontakt 5/6 because I HATE being bound by older hardware keyboard limitations. It took me a long time to finally be able to get my samples to a semi-reasonable state where I was satisfied.

So with that being said, included from the classic Roland MKS-20 Piano Module are Piano 1 & EP 2 Chorus sampled in stereo with 4 velocity layers. As an added bonus, make your MOTIF owning friends mad with the inclusion of the classic "Gospel Grand." The classic Grand that had "Power" first heard in the original classic MOTIF also sampled in stereo at 4 velocity layers.

Knowing this is primarily for the musicians in the Gospel genre, they have made it clear this will be their primary User sample set. So knowing this, quality was not skimped on and this library so far will require 1GB of DIMM RAM installed in both the FANTOM X and FANTOM G.
More info if anyone is interested on the NEW Roland FANTOM at a later date.

While my customer base has no problem with that, I wanted to highlight that as I know it's 2022 now, the older FANTOMs are still stuck in the early 2000s. So it still might be the norm for some people to have libraries around 50MB-200MB. I will never sacrifice quality so this library will squeeze every kilobyte out of the FANTOMs it can for a decent, high quality and expressive sound.

**BETA TESTERS NEEDED**
I have recruited some of my customers to help with me simply testing this library, but if there are any users on this forum with a FANTOM X or G, the latest firmware for either board and most importantly 1GB of RAM installed who are willing to help please send me a message.