quick question on long samples

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
kp2k8

quick question on long samples

Post by kp2k8 »

i have a G8 and the 1 gig dimm ram module installed and wanted to test a longer sample but perhaps the better question... how would i save this sample directly to my fantom formatted usb stick as I see no option to do this. I do see the fIle utility and I suppose I could copy it into the usb stick but how would i save it first to the user memory when the max storage is 45-50mb!? iN the sampler editor besides chopping truncating etc I only see option to save but it goes direct to internal user memory area. I am aware of how to mount the internal and usb storage area and have it show on my PC but perhaps am missing how to see the sample loaded currently in the work ram area aka temp working area as its not named. Thanks for any clarity on how to manage this.

Also as a bonus can you explain if saving a project does this save my patches, sample kits, rhythm kits etc? I saved a project and notice all of my samples( even ones not in the project thankfully got included under the SMPL folder but what about the other stuff in ref to customized keys and patches mapped to pads an d keyboard overall.

Sorry for a newb question but I am learning this machine and inherited it from my father. I do not have the gift of being a pianist so I am learning :) Thanks for any guidance. I am an IT person so tech stuff for the most part is easy for me to grasp.

edit:
ok this video answered it succinctly :) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBLBTsYtPM

I guess I just felt saving a whole project every time i load up random samples was a bit too much or too cumbersome but alas seems to be the only way. O well. At least we have option for usb stick overall. I guess I was concerned it would be hard to import a project with several samples and then import another project which I may find I also want to import samples from concurrently or in addition to first sample set I imported. All in all will be a lot of projects I guess.