Fantom G8 - Power Surge

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Chuck SL

Fantom G8 - Power Surge

Post by Chuck SL »

Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for reading.

I recently moved to a new place. I plugged in my Fantom G8 and the Integra into a docking station via USB (this is my normal setup). I plugged in a computer monitor and a couple of sound monitors and a Xenyx Q802USB. All my normal setup. Anyway, I got an unusual power surge. Turns out this house is wired weird... Anyways, too much voltage went through and messed up part of my mixer and shorted out my docking station. Now, my fantom and integra were NOT on and they were plugged into a different outlet. However, the usb cables were plugged into the fantom and integra from the docking station. After a couple weeks, I turned on my fantom and integra, they both work great except for one common thing. The usb port has an issue.

In the fantom, my usb can send and receive audio through the USB cable. however, it is not sending midi. Did the test mode, its showing no problems but clearly something is wrong.

My integra usb port just doesnt work at all. The computer simply is blind to it and will not recognize the driver. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to no avail. Im scheduled to send my integra back to sweetwater for repair. My fantom however... They're probably just gonna say, get a new motherboard. I've done that before for the fantom and they aint cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the midi to send through the usb port on the fantom or anything at all? Thanks everyone for reading.

-Chuck