External samples via USB in the Fantom G

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
GHB2005

External samples via USB in the Fantom G

Post by GHB2005 »

Hi

Have spent the past few years working mostly in the box

Recently been experimenting more with the sampler on the Fantom G
Find that sampling from records is fairly straightforward.

have had an issue with bringing in samples via a flash drive or if I have the Fantom hooked directly via usb, usually with stuff I get from Splice. Whereas there’s no issue with using Splice samples directly into Ableton. Is it the way wav files are encoded on Splice or what? I’ve brought in samples from other packs via a flash drive and they don’t import with that horrible hiss noise that happens with the translation from splice. I can’t use any of the drum samples each but has an extra layer of sh!t, would like to use the Fantom G efx for sample chops too. Anyone with the specific experience with the board wanna let me know what’s going on it would be appreciated.
Saxifraga

Re: External samples via USB in the Fantom G

Post by Saxifraga »

All I can do to help is sending this link to the Micromanual written by Artemiy Pavlov.
On page 31 he writes:
Noise in imported samples
If some of the samples that you imported from your computer have strange noise or produce only noise, you must check their format using a software sample editor. The format of the samples must be 16 bit and 44.1 kHz sample rate. If needed, convert (re- save) the samples with such parameters.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95lxoylvijg4w ... l.pdf?dl=0
GHB2005

Re: External samples via USB in the Fantom G

Post by GHB2005 »

Thank u