Need basic help with midi

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Mcjmetroid

Need basic help with midi

Post by Mcjmetroid »

I have been creating music for a few years now.. My question is simple. Is there any way to get the music off the fantom exactly as it sounds?
I know there is midi but it sounds weird when I bring it over.
Blueswaite

Re: Need basic help with midi

Post by Blueswaite »

Not sure what your asking. But you can resample the midi tracks and make them audio and send them to the computer.
For a mix i just go out of the headphones out with a stereo cord into the mic in on my computer then record it into co Sonar 4 XL
Hope this helps
Chuck SL

Re: Need basic help with midi

Post by Chuck SL »

Hi Mcjmetroid.

Hey, I use the S and the G.

The sampling to audio is a way to go about it but you may not be ready to use audio files right now.

The truth is, there really is no perfect bring over between boards because the patches, though relatively the same, vary a little bit.

What I do, for example in my S, I save a copy of a song into an smf 1 version so that all tracks are there.

Load it in the G or your X and play both simutaneously to compliment each other.

Yeah, it'll sound ugly at first but you can turn off tracks you dont want, change or tune patches to sound better or make your destination keyboard play the patch sound from your source keyboard...

I'll have the same song playing from both boards and use both for patches. Sometimes I find the same sound in the other one and make that board play it so that it doesnt drain my S voice count.
It's kinda tedious when you do but can be worth if you play around with it.

I hope this helps you as well.

Lemme know if this works for you
:)