Fantom X to Fantom S

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
ants murray

Fantom X to Fantom S

Post by ants murray »

This is not a question more a confirmation after experimenting with both boards over the weekend. SVQ files work perfectly when transferred across (including RPS data). For performances I took a short cut and by passed the librarian software ... simply saved the performances I wanted copied onto the Fantom S as songs of SVQs on the X. Copied them to the Fantom S, loaded the song ... saved the performance and deleted the SVQ (I forgot how tiny the Fantom S''s memory is and some of the effects! Obviously this has limitations in relation to sounds created in the Fantom X in that you have to change them for stock ones on the S (ore re-create your own) but as a quick and easy backup it's perfect. I now have a use for my S again! There is definitely a different tone from the S. It sounds warmer in comparison to the X. I can't put my finger on why and I forgot how cool the gun metal grey casing is! First appearance in 5 years on stage this Sunday for the S .. Welcome back.
Andy Keys

Re: Fantom X to Fantom S

Post by Andy Keys »

Great stuff, Ants :)
Good luck for Sunday!
howardS

Post by howardS »

That sounds great, Ants. I love re-commissioning gear that was previously set aside.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

howardS wrote:I love re-commissioning gear that was previously set aside.
Over the last year or so the Firegarden material has changed such that I'm only using the Nord Stage for those gigs. I've been using both the Nord and the Fantom X for the Rainbow stuff, but the Fantom had started to feel like a tool, rather than a joy. I've lately been working towards a new project which needs almost no Hammond, but lots of samples, so I'm aiming to use just the Fantom for it. Working closely with the Fantom again has been great and has made me wonder about how it could be used (again) to enhance the Firegarden sound.

It's great how these things go in circles, and nothing is ever wasted. :)