Two tones, one key

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
PianoSwede

Two tones, one key

Post by PianoSwede »

I wanna play two tones (or notes) when I press one key. But that´s not all. I also want different harmonies for different keys.
For example: If I play an A I want it to sound A and F (below), that´s a third. But when I press a G I want it to sound G and D (also below), and that´s a fourth. So I can´t just have thirds all over the keyboard. I wanna program each key individually depending on the harmony I want.

Anyone who can help me?
Andy Keys

Re: Two tones, one key

Post by Andy Keys »

I can think of 2 ways, and they are both a PITA.

1) Do the harmony layer as a Rhythm Set, so you can individually alter the pitch of every key across the keyboard (or switch individual notes off). That way, you can set the harmony notes to the interval you want, and you can only create a harmony note for the keys you want it on. Double that up in a Performance with the 'normal' layer & you're good to go.

2) Use the Chord function, but create a few RPS patterns to change the Chord Form from 3rd to 4th to Octave, or whatever. Then assign the Patterns to the relevant keys, so say C3 will play a 3rd, D3 will play a 4th, etc. Create another Pattern with the Chord function OFF, and assign that to any keys you don't want a harmony note on.

Let us know how you do it in the end, and if it works.

Andy
PianoSwede

Re: Two tones, one key

Post by PianoSwede »

Hi Andy!
Thanks a lot for your reply. You´re a clever man. :) I´ll check out both of your suggestions and see which one seems to be the easiest.

Thanks again!
/Jens