Right Output Sounds Weak

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
AlbertCamus

Right Output Sounds Weak

Post by AlbertCamus »

I am not sure what is going on, so I thought I would get some advice before I took my X7 to the shop to get fixed, but the sound from my right output is MUCH lower than the left output. I thought it might have something to do with not using balanced cables, so I made sure I was using them...I even went out and bought a new pair. I swapped a cable that was working well in the left output and put it in the right and the sound was still diminished.

I read the FAQ and couldn't find anything about this...

BTW, I have two KC550 amps and even switched those as well and I was getting the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

edit: my left, your right...
Andy Keys

Re: Right Output Sounds Weak

Post by Andy Keys »

Have you tried a factory reset?
Could some rogue SysEx or MIDI message have affected the overall balance?
AlbertCamus

Post by AlbertCamus »

I'm really trying to avoid a full-reset on my X7....I have so many performances saves on it so that I don't have to fiddle with settings when I'm on stage. Is there a way I could possibly back that up?
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

I'm in the same boat. I've got years of tweaked Performances on mine.
For backing up, I plug the card into my PC and copy all the folders and files across. You can do the same with the Fantom hooked up to your PC in USB storage mode.

If your memory card is big enough you can back-up on to the same card, or you can copy the internal files across to a spare card.

See OM p.235 for more.

And
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

Andy Keys wrote:…See OM p.235 for more.

And
And what?
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

And..y... (I guess)

Did I win a prize for that?!?
AlbertCamus

Post by AlbertCamus »

Andy Keys wrote:I'm in the same boat. I've got years of tweaked Performances on mine.
For backing up, I plug the card into my PC and copy all the folders and files across. You can do the same with the Fantom hooked up to your PC in USB storage mode.

If your memory card is big enough you can back-up on to the same card, or you can copy the internal files across to a spare card.

See OM p.235 for more.

And

and.....THANKS!! I will check that out tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

And"y", yes. "And" no problem. ;)

Tune in same time next week for more herp-a-derping...
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Hello AlbertCamus,
I had the same problem about two years ago. My FOH told me, that both Outputs on the A pair had differnt and low output. Checked by my technician it resulted in a substitution of some capacitors on the output circuits and in addition one output plug was broken. Not much work for him, but then I had full output voltage to FOH. It is not only low signal, but the frequencies are sounded very weak.
It was low cost but high result.
He told me, that capacitors are going to be aged (my X6 was 7 years old...), and he showed my a capacity measurig protocol before and after.
I don't know, but he put attention about if the parts which are build in are second choice or if it had to do with the type of cable I used over some years (balanced/unbalanced).

Ask a technician or your dealer.