windows 8.1 with fantom x8 drivers

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Luc

Re: windows 8.1 with fantom x8 drivers

Post by Luc »

Make sure you run uninstall first and let it reboot. Only then start setup. Also what I forgot to mention make sure you run setup.exe as admin (right-click on the file and choose run as administrator). So it's:

1) run uninstall first if you had previous failed install and let it reboot
2) change INF in both 32 and 64 bit folder (or if you have 64 bit OS only change last and run it from there)
3) Reboot in advanced mode:
a) Open settings menu (e.g. hold Windows + I or swipe from right). Now hold shift button and choose restart
b) After 'please wait' you see a menu and choose 'advanced settings'
c) Then choose no signed driver settings
d) After reboot in this mode run setup.exe in appropriate folder as administrator (don't connect Fantom yet at this point). When it asks to connect turn on the Fantom with USB cable connected. This took for me several minutes.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Luc, It looks like this worked for me. Thanks I really appreciate it!

Sean
80+

Post by 80+ »

I have the Fantom X & an Acer computer, Aspire, Intel core i5,OS windows 8.1.
I believe this set up is adequate to move between Fantom & computer. I Have read this article with great interest, owing to my own problems.................1. Computer does not see the Fantom
2. Movement of files between editor/ librarian.
Can you help me.? where do you start? ( Edit the RDIF1045.inf file) & where can I find the
[Roland NTamd64.6.2}?. Are there other thing I need to do? Many thanks for your help so far........80+
Luc

Post by Luc »

Sean wrote:I was unable to get this to work for me. I updated the ini file but windows would not let me complete the install and ask me to uninstall and then reboots. It there another workaround?

Windows 8.1, x6, machine, Tascam and m-audio 1814
Thanks
Are you sure you ininstalled drivers first and then you booted into advanced mode with signed drivers check turned off? You can double-check it's really uninstalled first by going to device manager and make sure you see no Fantom device under 'other' devices. If you do you can also uninstall from the properties dialog.

It may take 2 tries so I'd give it another try. This is the section by the way you need to add in RDIF1045.INF in 64 bit and 32 bit folders:

[Roland.NTamd64.6.3]
;; Windows8.1
%RDID0045DeviceDesc%=RDID0045Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_006D ; FANTOM-X
fred_vierra

Post by fred_vierra »

Luc and Tektoo
You guys rock!
I have a pair of Fantom XRs and about 2,000 patches labelled by their song name.
I am a freelance keyboard player who needs to keep it organized that way.

It took me all f'ing morning and it was not always linear....
But with a lot of loud cursing and many many retries....
"BAMMM!!!" I finally got it to work.

So I registered for an account in this forum just to say....

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Fast Fred
Tektoo

Post by Tektoo »

80+ wrote:I have the Fantom X & an Acer computer, Aspire, Intel core i5,OS windows 8.1.
I believe this set up is adequate to move between Fantom & computer. I Have read this article with great interest, owing to my own problems.................1. Computer does not see the Fantom
2. Movement of files between editor/ librarian.
Can you help me.? where do you start? ( Edit the RDIF1045.inf file) & where can I find the
[Roland NTamd64.6.2}?. Are there other thing I need to do? Many thanks for your help so far........80+
I dont know if its the same on all models, but i have to change usb mode to midi in the systems menu on my fantom XR every time i turn it on - otherwise the computer (and Live 9) will not see it as a device.
80+

Post by 80+ »

Still trying to find the way to get the Fantom X, seen by the computer. I've had a driver (wrong one), in
the control panel & now removed it. Been to Rolandus & downloaded the win;8. for FanX , but can not get it to setup. Still no joy with changing the codes.
Many thanks for help I have received. BUT I still need more, is there anyone, with the patience, who can guide me through this maze.
80+
hidhoman

Post by hidhoman »

I've been trying to do this driver install work around for windows 8.1 Pro and have probably doing the same thing wrong as the others who have asked for help. I'd like to point out things that aren't clear to me with hopes that some one will chime in to help me out.

1. in editing the RDIF1045.inf files, should I be simply renaming it from "RDIF1045" to "Roland.NTamd64.6.3" then running setup? When I do this the setup.exe gives me a message that the RDIF1045.inf file is missing. I tried right clicking and choosing install directly from the newly renamed file, but there is no run as administrator option this way. It states that the install is completed, and I reboot with adavanced option choose F7 but the driver connection is not made

2. ;; Windows8.1
%RDID0045DeviceDesc%=RDID0045Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_006D ; FANTOM-X
What does this info represent? How should I use it?

My apologies for bringing this back up, as simple as it seems, I just haven't been able to get it to work.

Thanks in advance