Manual for Fantom X Editor Program?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Greg Midi

Manual for Fantom X Editor Program?

Post by Greg Midi »

It seems like way back when this manual was just a shortcut to a webpage perhaps? Anyway I'm trying to use this stuff again and can't figure out where, or how, to get the manual for it. It's all very complex and generally quite frustrating for me to figure out how to do what I want to do when editing patches on this unit but today all I'd like to do is change the rate of the Tremolo in the effects section. Anyone have any idea how I could do that?
LA Keys

Re: Manual for Fantom X Editor Program?

Post by LA Keys »

With the editor installed you should have access to the online manual. Look for it under the fantom x editor folder on your windows (or mac?) menu. It is not really "online" but in fact a bunch of html files installed on your computer.

To answer your specific question. You probably want to change the LFO rate. You have to first select "PATCH" on the editor. "Detail" will give you access to both LFO 1 and 2

LA
Credo

Post by Credo »

You can access the help file through the X Editor itself. It'll be under the right most top menu as "Help". For me it opens in my default web browser.

It's basically just a quick list for the X Editor itself, and not an 'in depth' description of the synth and sampler parameters themselves. For that, you'll need to look in the owner's manual of your Fantom, where you can get the deeper explanations of each parameter.

If you don't have a printed version of your OM, you can most likely download a PDF version from the Roland support site.

Credo
Greg Midi

Post by Greg Midi »

Yeah, forgot about that. The "manual" shows up under the help menu. Told me what I needed, thanks!