Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
V-CeeOh

Re: Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Post by V-CeeOh »

guys, please
let's not go there
. I'm sure tears2040 is not used to friendly places like ours.
manishkurup

Yeah I get like that ...

Post by manishkurup »

... sometimes when I dont get my early morning sugar fix!!

;) Manish
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

wow- I had to double-check the url here- for a minute I thought I was at KVR!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, I want to smack the peace out of y'all!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

BTW, seriously now. tears2040, my friend, you do need to look into how you express your thoughts.

First and foremost, you should be polite to people, especially when they are being polite to you in the first place. Second, no one here or elsewhere owes you a reply - all what people write is voluntary help, doesn't that mean you should respect them at least a bit?

I know how frustrating it is to get a "make a search yourself" answer, it's just no one could find a link to the info you need quickly.
szurcio

Post by szurcio »

I'm sorry for reviving this very old thread but do you know where I could find files from that CD? I have both SRX-06 and SRX-07 in my XV-5050 but I bought them used and they didn't come with the CD-ROM. I would really like to add some SR-JV patches to my XV-5050 (some people claim they were better than the newer SRX patches)
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

Yeah, many ARE better but I can tell you some don't sound exactly the same as they do on the JV1080. I'm pretty sure have the files in fxl format (Fantom X librarian) as I have both cards as well. I'll post a link later today. Or, if you prefer, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

There you go! There is a separate fxl file for each of the SR-JV80 cards contained in each SRX card.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Xfeg ... sp=sharing
szurcio

Post by szurcio »

gcoudert67 wrote:There you go! There is a separate fxl file for each of the SR-JV80 cards contained in each SRX card.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Xfeg ... sp=sharing
THANK YOU!!!
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

You're welcome! Sharing resources is the only way we're going to keep those ageing machines going.
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

Is the CD-rom available online? I might have lost mine.

I would like to find a specific patch on the SRJV 02 and re-program it. Is there any solution that would let me inspect the patches on computer (original or translated?). Sys ex or editor files or etc? I own a sonic cell and not a fantom, but same difference.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

You can download the Fantom versions of the SR-JV80-02 patches from the link I posted above. You should be able to open it in the Fantom X editor (I think) so you can view the parameters. The editor is a free download from the Roland website.
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

gcoudert67 wrote:You can download the Fantom versions of the SR-JV80-02 patches from the link I posted above. You should be able to open it in the Fantom X editor (I think) so you can view the parameters. The editor is a free download from the Roland website.
Thank you for the tip gcoudert67.

I did just that, but the file only loads in the fantom X librarian - no in the editor : /. How did you check the patches yourself in order to convert them?
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

If you have the Librarian connected to your FanX, just load the file into the the librarian and double click on the name of each preset.
The each preset just overwrites previous preset in the Fantom's edit buffer so nothing is changed in your USER patches.
I assume these are my conversions, but if not please let me know as I would love to see if there is a difference.

You can see the original discussion here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36711
I also have them on my website http://www.bwalk.com.au/Roland/Roland.html

All the best
Royce
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

rcraven wrote:If you have the Librarian connected to your FanX, just load the file into the the librarian and double click on the name of each preset.
The each preset just overwrites previous preset in the Fantom's edit buffer so nothing is changed in your USER patches.
I assume these are my conversions, but if not please let me know as I would love to see if there is a difference.

You can see the original discussion here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36711
I also have them on my website http://www.bwalk.com.au/Roland/Roland.html

All the best
Royce
Oh, sorry indeed, it's your work.

I will load the patches (to my sonic cell), but I know, for example that the reverse orchestra hit is missing from the stock sample set. That's why I would like to view the originals, at least I could then fix something like that in the DAW. (I don't think reverse playback is possible in SC, but correct me if I am wrong).