Does anyone use Compact Flash cards larger than 1GB ?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Romey

Re: Does anyone use Compact Flash cards larger than 1GB ?

Post by Romey »

I also have a 4Gb sandisk extreme 1V and do not have any problems with it. However, I upgraded from a 2Gb Sandiisk Ultra and did not see a difference in sample load time even though the extreme is supposed to be a faster CF card. 320Mb takes about 18 minutes to load with either card on my FX8.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

I use SanDisk Extreme III 2GB cards with my Fantom X7, Xa, and Xr. I have 1GB memory in both the X7 and Xa. It takes 30-35 minutes to load 1GB into memory with these cards. I have a couple of Rhodes multi-samples that are almost exactly 1GB in size. I timed one set at exactly 30 minutes for 1GB. Not bad for studio work.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Hi everyone, i know that this is a very old post, but has anyone tried a PCMCIA adapter with an SD card and have you noticed an improvement in the loading speed of the samples? Thank you very much
Escaperocks

Post by Escaperocks »

Hey Leo,
I use a PCMCIA adapter with 2gb SD cards. I haven't noticed a speed difference in loading compared to a 2gb CF card.
I use the adapter strictly so I can use SD cards that can plug directly into my Macbook Pro.
florin2013

Post by florin2013 »

I bought an adaptor, CF to microSD. And it's not working, don't waste your money on such kind of adaptor. I try with 1Gb and 2Gb microSD cards. It sees a "card" but when I try to format it says "card is protected". On windows, with a CF reader, or microSD reader, the cards are fine (even thru the CF adaptor).
I don't have a PCMCIA reader.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

I bought a "Extreme CF Adapter" SD XC to Type 1 CF and put it in a PCMCIA CF adapter..
I had a spare 8GB 30MB/s SD so I used that. It works perfectly

Perhaps there are a lot of variables here, but, except for the ScanDisk Ultra SD, it was just a cheap eBay solution and for me worth a try especially as cheap CFs are getting hard to find.

All the best
Royce