Building a custom drum kit

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
shwnnglnd

Building a custom drum kit

Post by shwnnglnd »

Yesterday I was able to import a number of drum sounds from a folder on my CR card. I used the mark set and import function. Once imported, i selected them all again and loaded them to the keyboard (I like keys better than pads). I was able to record some sequences, etc. Fine. I tried to save those sounds as a rhythm and (now i am going from memory) I chose the user area. My thought was i could save to user area this and a few kits so they autoload and i can save a step since i am tired of the stock drums. However, i turned off the machine to test this and although it shows my kit a rhythm in the patch list when i select it, it does not appear to have loaded the samples. I obvious am struggling with understanding how to set this up.

What is the cleanest way to set up a few drum kits to be ready when i boot my x6?
Andy Keys

Re: Building a custom drum kit

Post by Andy Keys »

If memory serves me right, you will need to load the samples each time you power on the X6.
(You can set it to load all user samples on boot up if you want to, but that will load all of the samples on your card, not just the drum sounds you want, so it could take ages to load).