SRJV presets converted to Fantom X and S

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
geppastro

Re: SRJV presets converted to Fantom X and S

Post by geppastro »

rcraven wrote: Hi Paolo,
Managed to get it to load (wrote a straight sysex delivery program and it loaded OK).

Here is the original JV1080, a converted XV in XVl and Mid format as well as a Fantom version as a Mid file.
Let me know if it is OK.

All the best
Royce
Thank you Royce!

Sorry I was very busy the last few days. Now I've had the time to look at the file. The conversion went quite good actually; of course, when the same JV-1080 samples aren't still available on the Fantom, the patches don't sound the same (for example Organ 3), but when they are, or when the mapped samples are very similar, they DO sound the same!

I've updated my files linked at (6th message from the top):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23392

with your converted patches.

Still 128 patches missing of course (Fantom has GM 2 -> 256 patches, where JV-1080 had GM -> 128 patches) but we can't do anything about that.

Last request if I may ask: would you be so kind to convert a JV-1080 bank containing my personal patches (user bank)?

Thanks again!

Paolo
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Thanks for fixing these country ones up.

As you know the Roland synth architecture in the XV, Fantom and SonicCell (and perhaps others) can have a max of 4 voices per patch.
In each of these voices there can be one or two waves. The two waves are usually a stereo pair, but they don't have to be.
What they do have to be is from one of the internal wave banks (on the FantomX there are 2 internal banks and both waves must be from the same bank) OR a bank in a SRX card (both have to be from the same card) or sample or multisample.

If your wave conversion table uses waves from more than one bank and those waves are paired in a single voice in a preset to be converted then I can't resolve this.

Converting XV patches with voices that have waves from different SRX cards is not a problem.
The patch would have to be a multi voice patch as any voice can only have waves from one SRX card.

It is really just your SRJV table as all the waves in the JV preset will come from either the internal JV wave bank (here is another problem as I would convert these as if they were XV waves) or the SRJV wave bank.
When there is one voice with 2 waves from the SRJV bank your table could split them between the SRX and the Fantom internal banks.

I have added code to check for this and it will have to resolved manually.

To convert JV patches that may have some SRJV waves would mean that I would have to have wave conversion files for all the SRJV cards as well.
This was never my intention as the program was a XV to Fantom converter (for me) and besides I don't have a JV to test it anyway.
It was really a favour to you and to complete all the SRX patches (which I thought had already been converted to XV already).

So, as far as the SRJV cards which I believe there are 19, I did 12 plus now the Country one is complete. There is your piano one which I assume has its waves either in a SRX card (which one?) and the Fantom.
So we are 5 short. is that correct?
Do they all have waves that are now in SRX cards?

I hope to get to your JV piano card converted soon.

All the best

Royce
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

rcraven wrote:Thanks for fixing these country ones up.

As you know the Roland synth architecture in the XV, Fantom and SonicCell (and perhaps others) can have a max of 4 voices per patch.
In each of these voices there can be one or two waves. The two waves are usually a stereo pair, but they don't have to be.
What they do have to be is from one of the internal wave banks (on the FantomX there are 2 internal banks and both waves must be from the same bank) OR a bank in a SRX card (both have to be from the same card) or sample or multisample.

If your wave conversion table uses waves from more than one bank and those waves are paired in a single voice in a preset to be converted then I can't resolve this.
As i could see in the wave conversion table this is no problem. there is no stereo-pair of waves set in any of the srjv-patches form the cards, and i will look that i dont have select a stereo-pair, only one wave per voice!
rcraven wrote:
Converting XV patches with voices that have waves from different SRX cards is not a problem.
The patch would have to be a multi voice patch as any voice can only have waves from one SRX card.

It is really just your SRJV table as all the waves in the JV preset will come from either the internal JV wave bank (here is another problem as I would convert these as if they were XV waves) or the SRJV wave bank.
When there is one voice with 2 waves from the SRJV bank your table could split them between the SRX and the Fantom internal banks.
i havent seen any patch now with this problem, so i dont think it will be one.
When i make a waveconversion table i will only select waves from the corresponding srx board and internal fantom waves Bank A, to make it compatible to all fantom X Version even Xa.

For the Problem with JV-Waves, as i thought internal JV Wavebank is the same as XV Wavebank. So The Wavenumbers when the original Patch consists of some internal ones is for XV compatible.
Your Software converts this Voices to Fantom X automatically i thought
rcraven wrote:
I have added code to check for this and it will have to resolved manually.
So this would be a great help if the Problem is in fact there.
rcraven wrote:
To convert JV patches that may have some SRJV waves would mean that I would have to have wave conversion files for all the SRJV cards as well.
This was never my intention as the program was a XV to Fantom converter (for me) and besides I don't have a JV to test it anyway.
It was really a favour to you and to complete all the SRX patches (which I thought had already been converted to XV already).

So, as far as the SRJV cards which I believe there are 19, I did 12 plus now the Country one is complete. There is your piano one which I assume has its waves either in a SRX card (which one?) and the Fantom.
So we are 5 short. is that correct?
Do they all have waves that are now in SRX cards?

I hope to get to your JV piano card converted soon.

All the best

Royce
Piano SRJV-Waves are in the SRX-07

I have some conversion-spreadsheets left. i thank you very much for your help. i know this is a lot of work what you have done so far and i hope you are willing to help completing the rest. SRX-Card owners will appreciate your work.
Yes there are more SRJV-80 Boards included in the SRX-Boards 06-09. Roland made them almost a full collection of the SRJV-Boards.
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Next of the SRJV-Board-Patches is a special one:

Its the SRJV80-15 Special FX!

The Waves (most of them) of this Board are on SRX-08 Board.
I made a conversion-spreadsheet including a very few internal Fantom-Waves Bank A signed with prefix "f".

But still, as you can see in the Spreadsheet, there are many waves missing (mostly menu-Waves). I cant find corresponding waves for those, because they are all "very special". I dont know how much patches will be affected by the missing waves, but you have posted the Error-Log when you have converted the Country Board. This would be very helpful, because i think the Patches need to be tweaked by hand after the conversion. Many of those Patches could be unplayable too, i will erease them afterwards. So please post this error Log, where i can see the original Wavenumber wich is missing. If this is too long for the thread please attach it.

The MFX will be converted for Fantom X by your software, even if the waves are missing i hope.

I havent named the missing waves to 0000 so far. so please correct this the way the software needs it.

Thank you very very much!
Attachments
SRJV80-15 Special FX patches 129-256.zip
Part 2 of the midi Patches
(20.03 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
SRJV80-15 Special FX patches 1-128.zip
Patches of the Board Part 1 midi-Version
(23.02 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
srjv-15 Special FX to srx-08.xls
Conversion Spreadsheet
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

The file you gave me was a JV1080 file.
I converted it to a sysex file.
It was loaded into my XV3080 with my sysex loader
It was retrieved from the XV with the XV Librarian program .
It was exported out of this as a midi file .
It was then loaded and converted from XV to Fantom S/X with your SRJV-03 to SRX07 table.

It loads into my Fantom, but none of the sounds work as I don't have a SRX-07 card.
So a large number of very quiet presets 8)

The conversion showed that there were no Fantom X waves used only SRX.
Let me know if it makes some noise.

All the best
Royce
Attachments
FX_SRJV80-03 Piano patchesXV.zip
JV1080 file loaded into XV3080 then saved, then converted to Fantom X for thoes with a SRX-07 (not me 8( )
(17.17 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Here are the SRJV-15 FX presets with your table conversion.

Again it was a JV1080 file.
I have noticed that the conversion from JV1080 to XV3080 causes some of the wave groups to be incorrect.
A lot of patches suffer from this in fact.

This could be because I have an XV3080 with no cards in it.
There were none of your 'f' wave substitutions or blank waves during the Fantom conversion.
But I think this is due to the dud JV to XV conversion.

Not sure how useful this Fantom conversion is.
You may need to get these JV patches converted to XV from someone with an XV that has the SRJV-15 inside.

Royce
Attachments
FX_SRJV80-15 Special FX patch XV.zip
JV1080 file converted to XV converted to Fantom S/X - may be a dud
(55.47 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

I have extracted the ROM patches (A to F x 128 = 768) from my XV3080 and converted them for the Fantom S/X for those of you missing their old XV.
They are not too far off when doing an A-B test.

These are the patches written in the Read Only Memory of the XV 3080.
That is , the Internal Patch Banks A through F of the XV3080.

You don't need any SRX cards to make them work.

I have just remembered that Roland have already done a conversion of the XV5080 presets.
It must have been a rush of blood to my brain with all the power of this new conversion program.....

See if you can tell the difference.

Royce Craven
Attachments
FX_XV ROM A to F.zip
XV 3080 ROM patches converted for Fantom S/X
(149.57 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Thanks for this too, Royce.
I'm a bit confused as to what all the files here and and which I should download.

Could you clarify what's what, please?

Cheers
Andy
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Just when you thought you had had enough, I found a few XV patch banks that I could never load into the XV library.

It turns out when I look at the midi data that they are JV1080 patch files.
Now that I know how to load these and convert them to XV, I have converted them to Fantom S/X as well.

Again no need for any SRX cards in your Fantom.

11 banks x 128 = 1408, but I haven't removed any duplications. To do this just load them all into the Fantom library and order by Name (click PatchName at the top) and look down the list to find multiples and delete them.

Can't guarantee that all of them will be brilliant, but there might be something there that you might like.
There may be a few silent ones as the JV to XV conversion isn't always 100%. I only found one but I have only had a quick listen.

I have looked into the original Midi files and there are no copyright marks, but if you see your work and don't want it distributed let me know and I will try and fix it.

Had enough new presets????

Royce Craven
Attachments
JV1080 Collection.zip
Collection from the web of JV presets converted for Fantom S/X
(269.95 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

rcraven wrote:Here are the SRJV-15 FX presets with your table conversion.

Again it was a JV1080 file.
I have noticed that the conversion from JV1080 to XV3080 causes some of the wave groups to be incorrect.
A lot of patches suffer from this in fact.

This could be because I have an XV3080 with no cards in it.
There were none of your 'f' wave substitutions or blank waves during the Fantom conversion.
But I think this is due to the dud JV to XV conversion.

Not sure how useful this Fantom conversion is.
You may need to get these JV patches converted to XV from someone with an XV that has the SRJV-15 inside.

Royce
Dear Royce,

thanks for your work with Piano and Special FX Patches.
You mentioned sysex-problems with the patches i gave. The patches were given by helpful user "Lenny".And now the best: I told him about the problems and he said he will fix the problem, because he has a XV-5080 and he will install the SRJV-cards in this unit and save the Patches again. So this will produce new Patches with XV sysex. I will post the new versions here, when i get them.

But now for the patches you have done:
1. Allmost all patches have sound
2. Almost all Patches sound very well. Although i cant compare with the original sound of course
3. Some Patches have Waves which are set as "off", these waves are fantom x internal waves.
4. I dont know if many Waves were converted false because of the sysex-problems, but i hope when i get the new versions (cards installed in XV 5080) you can do the conversion again with less problems.

I now think Roland made the SRX-cards and withhold allmost all (!!!) SRJV-Cards Patches for Fantom X users. Why havent they made them available? This soundpool ist amazing and this would have pushed the fantom x. Nowadays its more a profit thing releasing a new keyboard every 2 years.
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

So here are the right Versions (XV Versions) with hopefully the right sysex of the SRJV-80 Patches Piano and SpecialFX.
Please code the files again with the conversation table.
Attachments
SRJV80-15 Special FX patches 129-256.zip
XV-SYSEX
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
SRJV80-15 Special FX patches 1-128.zip
XV-SYSEX
(29.01 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
SRJV80-03 Piano patches.zip
XV-SYSEX
(14.31 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Here are the new conversions.

Hope they are better.
I have included the error/info file to show you which patches have a blank wave (couldn't convert due to a missing entry in the SRJV wave convert table)

All the best

Royce Craven
Attachments
FX_SRJV80-15 Special FX patches.zip
re converted SRJV file
(57.15 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Second file as I don't know how to add multiple files 8(

Royce
Attachments
FX_SRJV80-03 Piano patches.zip
re-converted SRJV 03 file to Fantom S/X
(15.31 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Looks like the system of conversion is optimized. Thanks a lot!
I will have to examine the last two versions and perhaps tweak a few things by hand. The error/info file is an important help, so please include this for the last two patch conversions too.

Here are the 4th conversion file:
SRJV80 Session

I have left almost all rythm waves blank, because i think/hope they wouldnt affect the/too many patches. if there will be some patches who need those rythm waves i will correct them by hand, therefore i need the error/info file.
Attachments
SRJV80 Session.zip
Patches Session
(49.33 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
srjv-09 session to srx-07.xls
Conversion table
(95.5 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

After the next and last conversion (Super Sound Set) is done and all patches are tweaked i will make a complete collection for SRX users, so the thread will have a complete download file. Things here are now a bit confusing for "outsiders" lol