Fantom X Editor v.2.10

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
BR

Fantom X Editor v.2.10

Post by BR »

I try to install the Fantom X Editor v.2.10 into my iMac but I get this error message.

Any help would be appreciated.
BR

Re: Fantom X Editor v.2.10

Post by BR »

Any help...?
bassman

Post by bassman »

BR,

I believe this error has to do with problems with extracting files, or an issue with Stuffit itself. It could also be caused by a corrupt file. The first thing to try is to download the file again and retry.

Bassman
BR

Post by BR »

bassman,
I tried again, actually I get the same message and the file is expanded but It contains the FantomXUSBDriver and not Fantom Editor v2.10.Look at the picture.

Is it the right file or am I missing something?
In case it is the right file after double clicking on ths folder,where location(what folder) do I have assign for destination?

I attach a picture of file that I download fromt Roland website just to make sure if that is the right file.

BR

Post by BR »

Artemio,
I think you use iMac, maybe you have an idea about this issue.
BR

Post by BR »

Hi,
Can someone confirm if this is the right file ( Fantom X Editor version 2.10 Mac)?
Because when I download and open it, it says: FantomXUSBDriver.pkg
Thanks.
bassman

Post by bassman »

BR,

This indeed seems to be the correct file.

There are a number of reasons this can be happening, just do a google search on the error and you will get a listing of causes/possible solutions. I have not responded with more detail because I do not own a MAC (I will own a MACBook soon).

You may want to let folks know what version of MacOS you are running, also. Perhaps a Mac user can jump in. As I stated there a few different causes for this message. Is there anyone you know that has another Mac for you to try the install to? Should be no harm. . . . .

Bassman
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Hey BR and Bassman.

BR:

FantomXUSBDriver.pkg is indeed a USB driver, it simply looks like the link on the Roland US points to it instead of the editor/librarian installer. I have the editor/librarian installed but I do not remember where I downloaded it from. Maybe you should try Roland.com: http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... 0217&dsp=1

Bassman:

That sounds cool man, I think you'll love OS X the way I do, it's amazing. BTW, you should wait for Christmas when Apple is expected to roll out Core 2 MacBooks.
bassman

Post by bassman »

BR,
Hope you can find the file. The name is definitely misleading as Art pointed out.

Art,

'Soon' means sometime within the next 6 months. I'll be retiring from my current job and will be able to get a MacBook at a slight discount. I'll run Windows and Mac OS both (either with Boot Camp or Parallel utilities) so that I won't have to purchase my software all over again.

I look forward to getting it. I've tried it out and the MacBook is a beautiful machine.

Bassman
BR

Post by BR »

Thanks bassman & Artemio for your help.
Artemio,
I downloaded the right file from the link you provided and It was installed correctley without any problem.
Indeed the file (51.4MB) in Roland website was not the right file.Anyway I was almost sure that the problem was not from my iMac.
By the way I have OS X Tiger version 10.4.8
Thanks again guys.
kubik

Post by kubik »

Hi guys.
I am new user on forum :)
I have roland fantom Xa, and I have problem with install Fantom X-Editor on my MAC 10.9... I get message, that the PowerPC is not supported on my operating system... Does anybody on this forum solve this problem?
I know, that when I install ex. virtual machine with win xp this program will be works, but I must install it in my MAC, where I have Logic Pro X.

Thanks a lot!
Credo

Post by Credo »

kubik wrote:Hi guys.
I am new user on forum :)
I have roland fantom Xa, and I have problem with install Fantom X-Editor on my MAC 10.9... I get message, that the PowerPC is not supported on my operating system... Does anybody on this forum solve this problem?
I know, that when I install ex. virtual machine with win xp this program will be works, but I must install it in my MAC, where I have Logic Pro X.

Thanks a lot!
My understanding is that it's not going to work with any Mac OS later than 10.6 (Snow Leopard?).

You might try the Windows version through something like Wine on your Mac. ( https://www.winehq.org/ )

Running SnowLeopard Sever (Latest Mac OS that has Rossetta PPC support and will run in a VM) or some version of Windows in a Virtual Machine is also possible....Not sure if it's worth that much trouble when you can find old xp laptops, netbooks, and such in junk bins for pennies that'd run it.