Review: Fantom YASE

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Perplextor

Review: Fantom YASE

Post by Perplextor »

Review

Fantom YASE is a commercial application for the roland fantom by Jens Walter from Germany and costs 45 EURO. If you download YASE from http://www.nexoe.de you are allowed to use YASE for 10 days until you have to buy the software via http://www.share-it.com . YASE requires Microsoft Windows and a memory card reader.

The author was very busy since I bought YASE he updated his software regularly with bugfixes and user requested features. YASE comes with an installer, has nice looking Vista-like user interface and a comprehensive manual in PDF-format. You can choose between German and English language support.

Why do we need another sample editor for the fantom?

Reason 1
If you want to use prelooped third-party or self-made samples in WAV-Format within your fantom, you will lose all loop information after the transfer to the fantom without YASE.

Reason 2
With YASE you can build up your own multisample library. From this library you can easily compile new projects with only the multisamples you need.

Reason 3
You can selectively and bugfree import samples and multisamples from sample libraries in AKAI-format.

Reason 4
YASE enables multisample editing for all the fantom users who haven’t upgraded to the audio expansion pack yet.

Reason 5
Cool new features are announced: AKAI 5000/6000 support and way to import and export songs in SVQ-format with all referenced samples and multisamples.

Working with samples and multisamples is a very complex task. If you are not used to, better read the manual first. YASE is easy to use unless you know what you are doing.

Limitations
YASE needs a physical roland drive to operate on. So you have to copy backups from your hard drive to a memory card first. This is an unnecessary restriction and disturbs the workflow.

Conclusion
YASE is not yet another sample editor for the fantom. YASE has killer features and is a must have tool for every fantom user and is every buck worth.
JazzXR

Re: Review: Fantom YASE

Post by JazzXR »

Ok..but 45Euro for me is too much. I can pay 15euro for this kind of software by "one man software house" (I suppose).
Please understand what I mean..

YASE is a good software but for a student with no money, during Christmas time 45Euro are tooooo much. :)

Sell the YASE at 15Euro..
or ... maybe A MULE can give me the way :)

(joking...joking...)

---------------------------------------
::Rix::
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

FYI, it is at http://www.nexoe.de/, not .com. Also E45 seems like a fair price but Jens should make educational discounts as well as holiday sales like Sonic Charger does ;-)
venkiee

Post by venkiee »

Art,

Looks like a sales promotion going on for YASE ??

------------------------------------------
Venkiee

Fantom X6 (fully maxed)....Triton Extreme....Edirol MA-15D monitors....Rane SM82S....
Protools Digi002R....Reason 3....
Custom made PC....
Perplextor

Post by Perplextor »

Try yourself. YASE saved me hours of work. If you are heavy in samples you won't miss that tool.

plex
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

venkiee:

Well, 3rd party products do not appear every minute, and it's nice when they do. I personally wouldn't need such software, but I see some people would be happy to have it. After all - if you do not need it or do not like it or the price is not okay - do not buy it.

Also, we will *never* support spamming or advertising over here, but simple info reports are absolutely okay.
JazzXR

Post by JazzXR »

The price is ok...money is the problem :)
Anyway...a special offer would be appreciated!!

---------------------------------------
::Rix::
JeWalter

YASE, It's christmas time...

Post by JeWalter »

Hi folks,
here is the "required" christmas gift: YASE rev. 1.030.031 imports AKAI S5000/S6000 progs and samples.
I wish all of you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Best Regards
Jens.
jabre

Post by jabre »

Hi guys i have a little problem with this program, some how yase wont see my card folder so i cant arrange new samples on card. It was working few days ago but i changed set in my fantom xa and now this happened, any ideas?
linzo

Post by linzo »

Hi, Help me please, Where I can download Yase: Fantom X magic program?
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Very unfortunately, YASE is not anymore offered for sale. I contacted Nexoe and this is what they told me. So, there is no way to buy it.
florin2013

Post by florin2013 »

It may be found on some sites, but it is not the "original".
It is a torrent site.
:)