Alternative pads (actual MPC)

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
gtds

Alternative pads (actual MPC)

Post by gtds »

Hello

For those who don't like the feel of the current drum pads on the FS, this may be an alternate option. It's the MPC pads which can be triggered via midi. I suppose the FS will allow to send midi messages to allow for such a device.

http://www.akaipro.com/global/mpd16/mpd16fs.html

gtds
Red Winger

Re: Alternative pads (actual MPC)

Post by Red Winger »

Hey gtds,

Thanks for the tip. That looks pretty cool. I just checked out Sweetwater and MF for prices. MF is much lower and is offering it at about $220 now. For now, my budget keeps me jamming on the FS pads. However, I may have to swing down to my local music store one of these days and check it out, as that may be an option to add one of these days.

Cheers,
RW
theone

Post by theone »

akai pads are the best....but it is really ashame that people would have to consider other pads when the board comes with pads.
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Well, true, but I think it depends on what you want to use them for. The pads are good for triggering drum loops, RPS, samples, etc. They are useable for drum patterns, but just barely. I can manage with them, but I do think that there are better pads out there for creating drum patterns.

As sound triggers, though, the pads are great and give you access to up to 16 different triggers beyond what you program the keys to do. That's pretty cool, IMHO.
theone

Post by theone »

most people I know ...Love to use pads for creating drum patterns....this is the selling point for the akai mpd16 pads...to get everyone with triton, motifs, ect. away from using the keys to create drum patterns.......the pads on the fantom-s should have been based on this IMHO.....but still a great board......and hopefully if Akai file support comes with an updated OS...this board will really kick ass.
Tony Clifton

I'm assuming MF is Musicians Friend?

Post by Tony Clifton »

I have a Rogue????? LOL Cheap ASS Korean 60 watt keyboard amp I just got for 150 bucks from that Guitar Center OWNED Annex from HELL aka. HOUSE O CRAP or MF'ers.
It came in one piece but the power cord was stuck up inside the amp so I had to take the back off to retrieve it? :0
It's basically a HOMEMADE AMP but it's got a 15" woofer and sounds like a Hiwatt or Marshall cabinent when turned up...hilarious!
As my dad used to say.............IT WORKS,DAMMIT!
:D