New sounds

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Jonathan

New sounds

Post by Jonathan »

Where can I get new sounds for the Fantom-S. Pro-Rec doesn't have any made yet.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: New sounds

Post by Artemiy »

We will include patches for Fantom-S on our site soon.

Not all of us have gotten their Fantom-S's yet - they should ship in only about two weeks in Europe.

I promise you that if I get my Fantom-S soon, I will place my patches almost right then.

By the way, if you need some help programming your patches - feel free to ask me.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

OK.... I'll take you up on that offer. I can play music and I know what sounds good, but I can't program to save my life.

Question.

Tips on making sweet pads and Phat trance synth patches and arpeggios

This is my first sampler, so can you give me some cool tips and tricks.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

All the basic waves for pads and synths are included in ROM. So you don't need a sampler for such purposes.

Tips for sweet pads:

1. Use high-pass or band-pass filter (cutoff ~80-90) for one bright vox sound, and lowpass filter (cutoff ~60-70) for a synth string sound. Set an LFO with a slow random wave to slightly alter the cutoff of the vox sound. Route vox sound through reverb - send: 80-100, mix send: 70-80, and string sound to chorus (60-70).

2. Use two different pad/string sounds, one in the left channel, other in the right. Use slow sine wave LFOs to slightly alter pitch of both tones. Then send to chorus with send level of about 50-60., and chorus to reverb with send level 80-90.

Tips for trancy synths:

1. Take four identical saw waves for four tones in a patch. Set tone 1 fine tune to -30, tone 2: -10, tone 3: +10, tone 4: +30. Then set pan: tone 1: -60; 2: -20; 3: +20 and 4: +60. Use lowpass filters with cutoff ~80-90 and resonance 20-30, plus pour some chorus (send 40-50).

2. Try plugging two same waves into ring modulator and then detuning them just a little, and then more and more.

Actually, these are very basic tips. If you know how to deal with tone structures, envelopes, LFOs and filters, I will give you MUCH more interesting tips.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks, I will try them out tonight.

Fill you in, in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to write.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You're welcome anytime.

Okay, I'll look for your posts in the morning.

Actually, I do have many synth/pad/etc. samples that I made and also some other free ones I've colleted from different places and edited to fit my needs.

If you do well with Fantom-S's sampler and you can loop waves and then use them in patches - I can send you many cool synth/pad waves.

Also, feel free to mail me: [artemio at artemio.net].

Good luck!