RPS issue ... HELP!!

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
manishkurup

RPS issue ... HELP!!

Post by manishkurup »

Hi guys,

I created a pattern (in pattern memory within the song) and assigned it to a PAD so that I could play it in real-time. It all works fine, until I tried to transpose the song (mixer window) down half a step (c->B). Now my key parts all play fine in the lower key, but the RPS pattern still plays in the original key.

This is quite weird, since the actual part it plays within the MIXER wndow is properly transposed down.

Does anyone know why this happens? I would like to get this working without having to individually transpose all the patterns.

Thanks!!

;) Manish
jabberwocky

Re: RPS issue ... HELP!!

Post by jabberwocky »

instead of transposing in the mixer window, transposing the 16 parts seperately in the performance window (coarse) (you may exclude the drum tracks ofcouse ;-))
manishkurup

Agreed ...

Post by manishkurup »

... jw, but that still doesnt answer my question, why the RPS doesnt use the transposed parts when:

1. I do the song mode transpose (c->B, Transpose -1)
2. When each part (now) is playing in the new transposed scale (B, Transpose -1) when played from the keyboard (manually), but when RPS plays, it's still playing in the scale of C???.

I dont understand why this happens. And this is how I would like to do it, rather than go into each individual part and transpose the parts. I have not done this, but do you think that this is the solution to my problem?

Does anyone else understand what I may be doing wrong?

;) Manish
manishkurup

Anyone ...?

Post by manishkurup »

... Art? This seems to be a pretty basic issue, wondering what I could be doing wrong here? Either that, or I dont fully understand sequencing and transposing patterns.

Please help, since this is causing me a lot of pain, I have other songs that I need to fix up like this, and it just seems wrong to edit the coarse tuning of each part within the performance.

Thanks ...

;) Manish
manishkurup

bump ...

Post by manishkurup »

*** bump bump ***

;) Manish
howardS

Post by howardS »

There is probably a MIDI issue here in that the transpose in the mixer window transposes your keyboard but not the patches so when you hit C you actually send a C# MIDI note message to the part. But when you play a pattern, the pattern sends the MIDI message itself, not the note transposed through the keyboard. This is not what you want, however, in your situation, manishkurup.

What happens when you transpose the entire instrument by performing a Master Key Shift from the Menu/System/Sound tab? Will that shift everything for you? If it does then set up a Clipboard to that menu so you can jump to that page.
manishkurup

Thanks a lot Howard ...

Post by manishkurup »

... That does make sense!!! Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I have gone to setting each part 1/2 step down and saving it within the performance, since that seems to work. I have many other songs I need to do this magic for, and I'd rather have it so that I can load 'em and start playing, rather than remembering and transposing each one :)!

I was missing the fact that the transpose parameter in the performance ONLY transposes the KEYBOARD and NOT the individual parts!!

This helps a lot!! THANK YOU kind sir!!

;) Manish
howardS

Post by howardS »

Glad I could help, Manish.

Howard