Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Noteman

Re: Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Post by Noteman »

RCRaven, I loaded the patches into sonic cell via the librarian, and unfortunately patches are not translating correctly. Any idea what's going on? I would think I have the exp board in the right position as I have loaded patches successfully before, from the CD.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

If you don't have the SRX card that has the needed wave it will sound very different or it could even be silent. Roland makes no attempt to select a suitable wave substitute.

There is no "right position" as each card has a unique 'bank' number for its waves.
Roland uses the term "Wave Group" to select this number, so in the editor it looks like it is only Internal or SRX A or B.
If there is a SRX card in the synth at boot time. the SC links its unique number to that storage area. So a card in A means A has that unique wave bank number. So either slot is OK, the synth will find it.

Start the Editor as well as the Library.
You can have both the Library and the editor going at the same time as the SC midi driver is multi-client.
Load the Lib file in to the Library program and send each of the troublesome patches one by one to the SC (double click).
Read each into the Editor.
Check the wave group in the WG.
If you don't have the correct SRX card then there won't be a name in the Wave Number.
For most of the patches it should be the slot where you put the SRX card, but some patches use an internal wave as well.

As this internal wave was originally an XV wave I tried to match it to either the same wave or the same wave with a different name or the closest wave I could find in the FantomS/X or, in your case, the SC.

So not all the wave substitutes are the same wave so you might have to play with it a bit.
Make a note in the Lib so you know which have problems.
Also the FX are different from synth to synth. There are some synth that do not have the selected FX at all.

About reverse Orch stab I can only find 559 Chamber Strings Reversed (ChmbrStrRevA & B).

All the best
Royce
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

rcraven wrote:If you don't have the SRX card that has the needed wave it will sound very different or it could even be silent. Roland makes no attempt to select a suitable wave substitute.

There is no "right position" as each card has a unique 'bank' number for its waves.
Roland uses the term "Wave Group" to select this number, so in the editor it looks like it is only Internal or SRX A or B.
If there is a SRX card in the synth at boot time. the SC links its unique number to that storage area. So a card in A means A has that unique wave bank number. So either slot is OK, the synth will find it.

Start the Editor as well as the Library.
You can have both the Library and the editor going at the same time as the SC midi driver is multi-client.
Load the Lib file in to the Library program and send each of the troublesome patches one by one to the SC (double click).
Read each into the Editor.
Check the wave group in the WG.
If you don't have the correct SRX card then there won't be a name in the Wave Number.
For most of the patches it should be the slot where you put the SRX card, but some patches use an internal wave as well.

As this internal wave was originally an XV wave I tried to match it to either the same wave or the same wave with a different name or the closest wave I could find in the FantomS/X or, in your case, the SC.

So not all the wave substitutes are the same wave so you might have to play with it a bit.
Make a note in the Lib so you know which have problems.
Also the FX are different from synth to synth. There are some synth that do not have the selected FX at all.

About reverse Orch stab I can only find 559 Chamber Strings Reversed (ChmbrStrRevA & B).

All the best
Royce
Thank you for the information. I did exactly as you guided, with the SRX-06 installed. The SC soundset downloaded from your site loads wrong samples (but correct bank) for every preset I tried (and I did check that they were SRJV presets to the SRX-06 board).

Indeed the rev orchestra hit is not included in stock SC/fantom set, but was included in JV-1080 and I believe, also used in the SRJV-02 patches. Thus I would like to view the original SRJV-patches (with a JV-1080 editor).