Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
tears2040

Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Post by tears2040 »

Going through some of my old stuff and I found this cd, loaded it into my comp and all I see are a bunch of html. files and all kind of other stuff.

Does anyone know what's the purpose of these CD-ROms that come with the SRX expansion boards?

Thank you
ziggy73

Re: Srx-06-09 Cd Rom = What is this for?

Post by ziggy73 »

I think those are patches for the old Roland expansion boards wich
are convertible (at least a part of them) for use with the Fantom.

You should search the forum because this subject as been previously discussed and i think i remember a step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve this!

Use the "Search" button below "Posts", search inside the Fantom forum!

Hope this helps!

Greetings from Portugal
rogerp1

Post by rogerp1 »

javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

If you had an XV synth- you could simply load the patches and it would work fine. But, with a Fantom or Sonic Cell- you need to load the patches- then swap the default waveforms with the equivalent Fantom/SC waveform (so if the defaul waveform was Sine Wave when you look it up on an XV-5080 manual-which I recommend- then you would change it to a waveform #712- the Sonic Cell's Sine waveform). You will also need to do this with the MFX as the original XV mfx is different than the Fantom/SC. I have converted the SRX-07 and 09 to Sonic Cell and have tons of new patches. It is definately worth the effort to do it.
wmmhicks

Post by wmmhicks »

I have an x7 and the srx 6 and 7 add-in boards. Are there additional sounds on the CD besides? Someone mentioned mellotron samples, I could use more of those...
tears2040

Post by tears2040 »

Ok I really have no idea what you guys are talking about, let me try and figure out what your saying.

Srx boards are for more sounds, I installed them on my Fantom and the sounds are there.

So what you guys are telling me is that these cds actually contain more sounds, but you have to convert them so you can add them to the keyboard?

Also to the other poster, why or how should I do a search when my question can be answered in the Present.
And if I was still unclear about a "CERTAIN" question I would of needed to make another thread anyway.

I don't sit on forums all day, I make music.
So unless this is your site and your paying for actual bandwidth that's coming out of your pocket I suggest to only post and stay positive.

I don't need that look,search, stuff. Cause I have questions in the present that pertain to "ME", I sware man I wish I could reach out and smack some of yall

peace
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

yes, more sounds- actually, more patches. The SRX-06 ot 09 are all best-of collections from the old SR-JV80 cards. When you install an SRX card, you are getting all those waveforms, plus 400+ new (or revised) patches. The CD provides you with the original patches from the SR-JV80 cards that the SRX contains. So, if you get the SRX-07 Ultimate Keys card, it includes a few different SRJV80 cards- like Vintage Keys.
Convert the patches on the CD- and you can play the old patches from the Vintage Keys JV80 card (which are not all on the SRX card patchlist).
ziggy73

Post by ziggy73 »

Hey man, i was just trying to help! I actually was working when i saw your question, and i remembered doing that exact search, since i have a srx-06 board. There was no negativity, just trying to give you a lead- but hey - "shame on me"
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

tears2040
I believe ziggy73 was actually trying to help you. If you havent noticed, WE do have a Search function on the Forum (at the top of this page). It happens that sometimes it is faster to use it to find a answer then to wait for a reply from other members. That's just it :-)
da-man

Post by da-man »

i use search before i post because it is quicker than waiting for an answer.

and I like to make music too.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Well, I like making music to but most of the times I waist time replying at the Clan :-D
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

V-CeeOh, same here... DOH!!!
SkylineUK

Post by SkylineUK »

"I don't need that look,search, stuff. Cause I have questions in the present that pertain to "ME", I sware man I wish I could reach out and smack some of yall "

What an unmitigated tosser. The leaflet you get with the boards tells you what the CD is for and what's on it. But then I forgot - he doesn't want to read or look at anything does he. I think I can guess what kind of music he's into, but let's not go there.
Cronkston

Post by Cronkston »

I love the way he announces how he wants to "smack y'all" and then signs off "Peace"!