System update issues

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
D.U.Soul

System update issues

Post by D.U.Soul »

Hi,
I took the step and updated my FX6 to 2.10. All good until I try and record audio via the 4 outs. I am getting leakage between outs even when I set the sounds to individual outs.
e.g. I set piano for 1, bass for 2, kick for 3 and snare for 4. The piano plays/records on at least 2 of the outs/tracks.
It's like outs 1 and 2 are in permanent mix mode and can't eperated.
Also as I changed the out for a particular sound from 1 through to 4 each out gets progressively louder
I have the menu set to "parrallel" in the system settings if that is of any help.
This was not an issue before I upgraded

This is driving me nuts.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
D.U.Soul

Re: System update issues

Post by D.U.Soul »

OK I am getting nowhere with my efforts. Can someone please assist????
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

OK I don't know the answer but if this was happening to me I would turn off all effects and see what happens then as the effects are stereo based. What are the pan positions like for each individual output?
Are they in the centre position?

Are you using unbalanced or balanced leads as this does effect the sound coming out. Balanced cables, with 2 black rings around the tip, give you better sound to noise ratio, ie they are less noisy and give a better signal. These are also used as stereo cables so they may be causing the leakage.

IF all else fails do a back up of all data and try a factory reset.
stanley

Post by stanley »

there is solution for ur MIXmode 1 n 2's
in the system menu u can change it to parallel mode in System - Sound section... i hope this is the answer that solves ur problem...

Regards,
Stanley....
SPISHAK

Post by SPISHAK »

What's up D.U.Soul?

Backup and system restore. There's no reason for this happening. You know how to route the parts to individual outs, and outs getting "progressively" louder is fishy behavior. let us know how it goes. cheers
D.U.Soul

Post by D.U.Soul »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback!
The solution was turning all of the MFX levels down. I think the update and the change to the mfx is what was messing with my head. Didn't need to do that on version 2.0 I'm sure.
I worked out that the increasing volume was because the volume knob only controls level for outs 1 & 2, and 3 & 4 are direct outs and control of the volume is via the internal mixer.
I had the volume knob on low; just had to turn it up.

It's these little things that can see you spending hours scratching your head instead of being creative.

We live & learn.

Cheers