close to buying the fantom-s..

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
amosaic4u

close to buying the fantom-s..

Post by amosaic4u »

hi...i do like the whole drum/sample pads idea onboard and the interface...i am hoping it will work well with my supernova2 keyboard and i will be set for a few years....

I had a triton a while ago(infact a rack triton and a pro88 at the same time..lol) and found it just boring..and i had a motif 8 and 7 and didnt like all the unuseable presets....here is my issue

I am a guitarist who uses keyboards for moods and background textures to add emotions to my music...kinda pop/ambient stuff i guess...not techno or dance per se...what i dont like about most boards is they have silly sounds that are basically generic..and cover too much ground...for instance i dont need a flute or oboe or clarinet ..i like motion sounds/textures and pads-strings-ambient stuff- not lots of ep's or organs or harpsicords or clavs..ect ect...

will the fantom-s fit my needs?
noisemaker

hmm

Post by noisemaker »

I think you'll like this board, but then again by your description I'm surprized you were bored with the Triton.
I think you're just going to have to spend some time with it to get a better idea of what sound is right for you.

http://mp3.com/noisefuljoy
amosaic4u

hi noise...

Post by amosaic4u »

I agree..the triton just didnt wow me...i liked the interface but its rom was kinda dull to me....v synth or fantom-s....hm..
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: close to buying the fantom-s..

Post by Artemiy »

Well, Fantom-S can do all those motion sounds you mentioned. If you learn to tweak it's synthesis engine - you'll have more than you need.

XV engine has a really huge potential with the tone structures, filters, envelopes, LFOs, step LFOs and that you can use your own samples as raw material.
amosaic4u

thank you

Post by amosaic4u »

the v synth seems very cool but limited in what i may need..

i think i need a synth that samples and is very strong on drums and drum interface and is easy to create songs and patterns on to use as a songwriter tool...

i think the fantom-s is the way to go but i am somewhat bummed by the fact that the 88 key cversion has this piano effect and the 61 doesnt...
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

You should check out a soft synth called
ATMOSPHERES

Really nice!!
amosaic4u

thaNX where?

Post by amosaic4u »

where would i check that out? also i dont want to be ties to my pc..i like hands on alot
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

amosaic4u, if you want to make good drum patterns, why do you need this piano effect??? :-)

And fantom-s with it's drum pads is THE tool for expressive drums, I think.

Anyway, it's for you to decide - just buy what you feel great with.
amosaic4u

well i was just whining..lol

Post by amosaic4u »

its not that i am dying for the piano effect its just that its something i feel roland should have left on the s model... but in reality its not a breaking point to me... seems if i can get the s for 1750 and music123 beats the lowest 2099 prce on the s88 to 2050 then its a 300.00 difference and i wonder if thats worth the extra 300.00?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

$1750 is almost the dealer price for Fantom-S - it's a very rare thing when someone sells gear at such prices.
jon ratt

price on fantom s88

Post by jon ratt »

how do you get that price offered to you of 2099. Everywhere says its 2895. Just wondering because I would really like to get one soon and I want the best price. I may also pick up a motif rack which sells for 995. Can I also bargain and get that for less ?

Jon Rattenbury
Farhan

Post by Farhan »

Hi,
How did you get the Fantom S88 price $2099. Please reply also if we can get the contact person name.

Thanks,
kopg1

Fantom Songs Site!

Post by kopg1 »

Are there any plans for such a beast?

I think it would be ccol to hear what everyone is doing with their new toys.

oops! thought this would show up as a new topic.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

you have to press "start new topic" outside of any thread

:-)