How do I copy a multisample from card to user?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
brianb

How do I copy a multisample from card to user?

Post by brianb »

Hello,
Can someone please tell me how to copy and paste a multisample from card to user area on my X8? I have gotten as far as viewing my card multisample on the "multisample edit screen". On that screen the F4 button says copy. From this point I cannot seem to figure out where and how to proceed. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Brian B
Blueswaite

Re: How do I copy a multisample from card to user?

Post by Blueswaite »

I hit multisample list. Press F7 ( load Utility) then hit I believe F7 asgain load. Hope this helps
brianb

Post by brianb »

Thanks for the reply Bluewaite but this does not seem to answer my question. Is it possible to copy or move a multisample from card to user area or...must I resolve to moving (re-writing) the original sample(s) from card to user and then slowly & painfully re-create the multisample in the user area?

Thanks,

Brian B
dasinsasion

Post by dasinsasion »

Just pull up the multisample on a performance channel and hit write, instead of saving the patch to the card save it to the user area. Then go to patch edit, hit mulitsample edit and hit write and save the multisample to the user section. I am not currently at my workstation but that's how I do it, unless multisamples cannot be saved to the user section (but I think it can).
rogerp1

Post by rogerp1 »

I think you have to copy the samples to your user area and the recreate the multisample