Roland Reps need to be here!

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
2TIM316

Roland Reps need to be here!

Post by 2TIM316 »

We need to convince at least one or two Roland reps to check in regularly at this site like the Yamaha reps do over at Motifator. The next step would be actually getting them to participate and answer questions, but knowing Roland, I think that would be too much to ask.

FBJ, you seem good at getting their ear. Could you pursue this?
FatBoyJim

Re: Roland Reps need to be here!

Post by FatBoyJim »

I am not ignoring this thread; I am just doing a little thinking about it. I am wondering if we really want a Roland tech around here? I doubt that this is something that they will go for but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask. If this were something that I decide to do, I would prefer to do it in the form of E-mail or a letter. Does anybody know an E-mail address for Roland that this would be worth sending this to?

You the man, Artemio!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

There is a support@roland.co.uk.

They answer 1 of 10 letters - this is my personal experience.

Two months ago I sent them a letter advertising this site. They visited it and thanked me very much. They also promised to promote this site to everybody.
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

1 out of 10 letters answered, those are about the odds that I was expecting. That is why I think that it is best that we write them and not try calling them if we decide to go this route. I do have some serious concerns about having Roland tech(s) around here. Yes, there would be some if not many advantages to it but I can also see many problems that might arise from it. Let’s face it; Roland is not a real popular company right now. In the past it has taken only 1 negative person to bring down this entire forum. I am guessing that many a Roland/Fantom-S hater looks at this web site occasionally but has so far left us alone. In fact, I saw one of them was even logged on early on July 5th, which tells me that a post was coming but after much time being logged on fortunately nothing negative was posted. I worry that if we had a Roland tech posting here that these Roland/Fantom-S haters would not be able to resist the urge to join the forum or come back to it and attack whoever this unfortunate tech may be. If this happened I would feel offal. Even at Motifator.com the Yamaha tech has been attacked and if we had a Roland person here and he was treated the way that Mike Martin from Yamaha was/is over at Harmony Central it would just make this whole forum look bad. I guess what I really wish is that they (Roland) would come here on their own without being asked and this way any fallout of having them here is their deal. One last thought, I have heard of Roland participating on another forum in the past and from what I read about them being on this forum is that it would have been better if they were not there anyway because they did not field questions and ignored any sticky situations. From what I read, all they really did was go to this forum to announce new product releases. I don’t need them to do this at this forum because they already send me an e-mail doing so after I asked them not to do this.

You the man, Artemio!
gtds

Post by gtds »

...BUT...

If they participated in the forum and were subject to attack, hopefully, they would learn from this. A lot of attacks in forums towards other companies are childish posts. However, I do agree that sometimes companies need a slap in the face to wake up. Roland is high in that list.

If a rep(s) came here and started taking Roland customers/users seriously, by answering questions in a professional manner, by taking in any criticism (good and bad) and reporting this back to Roland R&D used this knowledge to improve their products, then the attacks on Roland would be reduced. Eventually, Roland would also gain a better reputation.

Unfortunately, I don't see this happening. Roland chooses to ignore it's customers, not apply any feedback into future products and continue to sell equipment and excrutiating prices.

That company could benefit from an external auditor.

gtds
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

Because of this I would like them to come here on their own without an invite. I don’t want to be the one who invites the main course over for dinner.

You the man, Artemio!
gtds

Post by gtds »

They do need a good grilling though!

gtds