MZB3 Dual Manual Hammond B3 Emulation V1.7

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
majko

Re: MZB3 Dual Manual Hammond B3 Emulation V1.7

Post by majko »

Hello!

I have this awesome hammond simulation in fantom-s and it works!
The presets are woking just fine.

I have two keyboard setup and want to play some fantom sounds from the lower keyboard via midi channel 2. Why these MZB3 sounds do play also from the lower keyboard?

I know how to change recieving channel from the part view, but when i change channels, the rotaryspeaker effect stops working. Why? And can i play MZB3 sounds only from upper keyboard (fantoms own keyboard)

Thanks, M
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Nice to hear that it work in the S also!

If you have the problem that both keyboards play the same sound, and you are sure that they are on the correct channels, then the problem is most likely that you have the remote keyboard switch on. Set this switch off.

If you change channels, make sure that the MFX control channel for MFX3(VK Rotary) is also set to the correct channel.
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Version 1.5 Release

Added CC controllers for drawbars! These controllers are activated with a preset key or by selecting a performance that uses them. Find out more in the improved .PDF manual. I use the drawbar function with my new CME UF-80 master controller, where I have assigned them to 2 layers for easy access. My emulation project is slowly reaching its conclusion, being able to substitute a clonewheel organ. Download the new version here: http://www.mossyzombie.50webs.com/
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Version 1.6:
After a little break I have now added some features to my B3 emulation that I would like to share with other users. It now includes a controllable volume pedal assigned to CC4 & CC13. I have also done some tweaking and polishing of the whole package.

Version 1.6 can be downloaded from here:
http://www.mossyzombie.50webs.com/
Any question and feedback will be welcome!
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

You might want to use another download service.

My Anti Virus blocked a Virus call Exploit.PDF-JS.Gen from that site.

It got blocked 3 of times as I tried to exit that site as well....
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

You get this warning from my website? The "Exploit.PDF-JS.Gen" is a .pdf based spyware, and my website is not pdf based in any way. I did a scan for a downloaded manual.pdf and I didnt find anything. The .pdf was created in OpenOffice. What anti-virus software are you using?

EDIT: It was most likely in the counter java script that was in the html code, I have deleted it now. I have also switched to other download service, just to be sure.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Cool....That should help.

It is not the first time I have heard of something like this from the download sites themselves. Athough, I don't claim to know the reason.

Thanks.
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Maybe not the download sites themselves, but the ads they have.

But, back to business... :)

I corrected some clipping issues that the last version brought, I named the new one 1.7 although it doesnt contain anything new. Its more like a hotfix. Available from my site.
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

I'm glad you updated this, because I forgot all about it! I checked the link to hear the demo, but it doesn't seem to be working any longer. It's funny but I have just been looking, again, for some good organ sounds. I work today, but I will definately check this out as soon as I get the chance. Thanks again for posting this!
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Hi wudsiba

That demo is outdated soundwise, but here it is http://www.mediafire.com/file/fdz5m2dmx ... _Blues.mp3

I will redo the demo once I get a newer audio interface. The original demo was recorded (resampled) inside my Fantom. If anyone has recorded anything with this emulation you are of course welcome to post it here, It would be nice to hear some other examples.
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

Nice! Can't wait to get my hands on this! I'll deffinately contribute a bit to your cause my man...
Ltn.George.

Post by Ltn.George. »

Maybe a stupid question.
But how do I load all the samples into the fantom?
I only the the lo-fi sound as mentioned before in this thread.

Thanks in advance!
themightyug

Post by themightyug »

Hi all. Firstly I'd like to say thanks for all the hard work on this, it sounds amazing!

I need a bit of help though assigning controls for the drawbars etc.

I have a fantom XR, which is just the rack-mount console, and have loaded MZB3 no problem via CF card.

I've also managed to connect two MIDI keyboards (using a linux netbook to do the midi routing), one on channel 1 and the other on channel 2. No problem with that.. works brilliantly with the dual manuals of MZB3.

The problem I have is that both keyboards are M-Audio Oxygens, and so the controls (faders and dials) don't match up with the controls set in MZB3, and I don't know how to map them. It would be great to get them working, as both keyboards have their own set of faders, which would match the drawbars for the two manuals nicely.

Can anyone help? I'm still pretty new to the Fantom XR.

Thanks in advance!
MossyZombie

Post by MossyZombie »

Hi,

The manual of your Oxygen has the instructions how to assign controller numbers, CC#'s, to faders & knobs, and the manual of MZB3 has the numbers you need to set there. Also set the faders to "drawbar mode" so they behave like intended.

CC# 12 to 20 control the upper manual and 21 to 29 control the lower manual.

I found this manual at the M-Audio site:
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/OxygenSeri...

You have a nice setup, I hope you get it working.

Edit: You also need to set the faders to correct channels (same channel as the manual they control).

M.Z
themightyug

Post by themightyug »

Thanks MZ. Looks like I have some bed time reading to do! And yeah, I'm pretty excited about getting it all working to fully. There'll be a donation heading your way soon