Parts or Schematics for the edit key board

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Migamix

Parts or Schematics for the edit key board

Post by Migamix »

well, its been a while since i posted anything, been out of the loop for a while, but here is my issue, if anyone can help, great :-)
Fantom S 66...
years ago, while i was an active user, and before Katrina, i had a sick cat, and this sick cat decided my keyboard was a good place to be,... see where im going..., so, needless to say hairball type of issue onyo my board, slight fluid issue with that, but all seemed good and cleaned up (so i thought, apparently, some fluid got down in the area near the edit key, recently while i was gearing up to get back into music with a vengeance, i was working on a wicked tune, but damn if i will use stock sounds, or arps, so click, i hit the edit ket, ...good, edit the arp....try out my new arm, ...hit edit again, ....no joy....press, press press, ...nothing....sooooo, i say, ok, some of the other buttons had been sticking in a similar fashion, and all i had to do was work with the buttons and they would begin to work, no joy for a few weeks, so i pulled the whole board apart, and this is where i found fluid had gotten into the case and on the board......i replaced the micro switch, and cleaned the board up....still, no luck, and this has really blown the steam out of my motivation to work on music again....so, lets cut this story, where can i find at very low cost the wiring schematics for the components near the edit key, or a cheap replacement board, everything on the board works but the edit key, i at least want a work around, since i cant edit sounds, or arps, and the old out of date software is not compatible with windows 7/64....i will look over the forum again for any ways to get it to work again, but so far no luck.....

since it still functions as a fantastic controller, ive had to resort to reason only (it used to be just for backing track since it syncs so damn good), and im about to sample the fantom's entire group of sounds for some modules and refill banks

damn i can write a book, might as well tell my life story.....
DJ Process

Re: Parts or Schematics for the edit key board

Post by DJ Process »

Believe it or not you may find some luck here. let me know how it goes. http://www.nextag.com/
lordelix2.0

Post by lordelix2.0 »

I have the Fantom x service manual........pretty sure it is different than the S model by a good bit but if you want hit me up at lordelix@ g m x.com (remove the spaces) and I will email you a copy. its 12.3 mb in size so be sure you can receive it.
Migamix

Post by Migamix »

well, after how many years of not using my FS, i, out of the blue, did a search, and found the service manual. long story short, it took less time to get the board apart than fix the failed button, just to find the circuit board pad had corroded and lifted, thats why a simple switch replacement didnt work. needed to jump it. now its a fully functional keyboard again.
so, if anyone is still around, i may be popping my head in once and a while. cheers.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

So it looks like your Fantom may have nine lives. Don't suppose we should ask about the cat?