Vintage MK I Rhodes E.Piano V2.0 - FanX

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Cesarsound

Re: Vintage MK I Rhodes E.Piano V2.0 - FanX

Post by Cesarsound »

ziggy73, really it is not intented to happen vibrato effect on Aftertouch.

To remove the vibrato, please do the followings things:

1-Go to the PATCH that has the vibrato, push PATCH EDIT 2 (two) times, then go to CTRL1 tab. Then change the CTRL1 Source to OFF (you will see that originally it is set to AFTERTOUCH). Then save the PATCH over the same name / number.

OR:

2-Push Menu, go to System, go to Keyboard and then in Aftertouch Sens change to 0 (zero). Then push F8 (System Write) to save this configuration.

Let me know if you got it.
Cesarsound
ziggy73

Post by ziggy73 »

Yup, it did work! I used your first suggestion, and it worked perfectly!

Thanks Cesar!

Pedro
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

This is very well done. Thank you very much for this.

- Jim
fantom X_

Post by fantom X_ »

could anyone help me- to thew route to download these rapids - eish - its saterday morning lil. blonde
flynn

Post by flynn »

JUst discovered your Rhodes patches. THey are wonderful. Thank you very much for sharing them !
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Thanks for the interest.

Cesarsound.
cmayo

Post by cmayo »

Great library, but all the patches sound overdriven even through the headphone jack on my XR with the output volume at 50%. On checking, it seems the gain is maxed out on most of the patch waveforms. Lowering the gain from +12 to zero removes the distortion, but now I'm wondering if something's wrong with my XR since no one else has noted issues with patch gain. Should my XR be able to handle +12 gain on these patches without breaking up?
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Hi cmayo, thanks for the comments.

I put the elements level to +12dB intentionally to maximize the dynamics. But you can lower it to +6dB and save the patch. I think your XR is ok.

Cheers,
Cesarsound.
cmayo

Post by cmayo »

I'm even hearing some factory patches breaking up... I guess I'll post that issue in the main forum and see if anyone can offer suggestions.

I'm loving your S-700 samples, by the way! I do a lot of blues work where I really don't want to drag out my heavy S90 just for the sake of a few bread-and-butter patches, and having the S-700 piano in my XR is gonna be huge.

I'm working on sampling another of my favorite S90 patches, the 4-layer Dyno Rhodes, using your S-700 set as a kind of guide to help me figure out how to do it. The Dyno samples sound pretty good to my ears (http://soundcloud.com/chuck-mayo/sets/d ... samples-1/) and I think I'll be able to use them live, but I dunno if I'll ever get them packaged well enough to share out without something like YASE to organize the multisamples.
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Very good you Dyno Rhodes Fanx Samples, congratulations, well done!
I also have a S90ES.

The simple way to convert these samples to Fan X is really using the YASE. But even with YASE you will have to spend several hours to produce the multisamples, loopings, and program the patches.
Let us know about the results.

Cheers,
Cesarsound.
cmayo

Post by cmayo »

I appreciate the kind words, Caesar, especially from someone with such high standards. For some reason I was thinking YASE would set me back $300+ but I checked tonight and it looks like I can pick it up for much more affordable $160 US. If YASE does everything I think it does, it'll be more than worth the investment.

I'll download the YASE trial next week and check it out... if nothing else, I can probably use the trial to get the Dyno samples packaged and posted to the forum.

Thanks again,
Chuck
cabot001

Post by cabot001 »

Dear Caesar,

I have just downloaded your Rhodes MK1 and tried it in my Fantom X7. It sounds very good - nice and bright, just how I like a Rhodes to sound! I have produced similar results by editing the SRX-12 Rhodes MK1 sound. I created several performaces that replace some of the bad notes (e.g. the G above middle C) with additional alternate samples that are on the expansion board, and set up various effects for each performance (brightening EQ going into chorus, phaser, etc.). I programmed stereo tremolo into the LFO of the actual patches I used.

I have a few queries about your sounds, if you don't mind:

1. The data which the Fantom keyboard imports from the ROLAND folder seems to consist of: (a) short samples of some of the notes of the source instrument at various velocities (in the SMPL folder), together with patch data (in the SND folder). How does the keyboard then loop the samples correctly and interpolate them for the missing notes?
2. The third velocity layer from about the first C above middle C upwards sounds wrong, exhibiting a duller tone with an accompanying "thunk" noise that sounds out of place. Have I done something wrong when loading the sounds? All I did was plug in my Compact Flash card, switch on, and the patches and samples seemed to load automatically as far as I am aware.

Thank you for your hard work, and I look forward to reading a reply. I am new to sampling, etc., and am keen to learn how you manage to program your sounds from the raw samples.

Regards,

David Kear

Cabot Music Productions
dwcowans

Post by dwcowans »

I just hit the download link and the file is gone. Could you re-upload?
Soundbvoi

Post by Soundbvoi »

Could somebody re-up this? :)
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Hi,

I am re-posting it here. Below is a working link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaq3t8439rq68 ... 2.rar?dl=0

Password: jcr

CesarSound