Yamaha Ac Piano + Elec Piano CP70 + Hammond B3 – FanX

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Solitary man

Re: Yamaha Ac Piano + Elec Piano CP70 + Hammond B3 – FanX

Post by Solitary man »

Thankyou Cesarsound and python for your replies. I will have a look tomorrow night when I get more time, just got home from a 12hr shift and I need sleep!

Sol.
Python

Post by Python »

It takes me about 16 minutes to load these samples into the memory... Is this normal?
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Phyton, it depends on Flash Card speed. Mine loads in 11minutes this library.
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

Cesarsound,

I have been a dedicated Roland User for at least 25 years. I have owned the Fantom XR for years, and finally did the 2.02 update last week, going from 2.01 to 2.02. which is the latest update. I downloaded your library that you shared and could not wait to try them out. I see in my inserted card that I have the correct number of patches, the names show up when I scroll through the inserted card.
I ended up with only (2) patches that have audio. They are patch numbers 5 and 6. They sound absolutely amazing. I actually deleted 2 of my own and replaced them with yours in my performances. I have searching for a better B3 creation for years. Can you please help me get the rest of these patches. I don't know what the problem is. I know that I have to modify the instructions for the XR rack and I probably did something wrong, but why do I get 2 fully functional patches, the names of over 30 patches, and only 2 with audio.

Thank You for your effort on these shared patches. I can tell that you did not just throw them out there. They are Rich and Full sounding. I need to get the rest of them!! Any Help will be much Appreciated.
Ltn.George.

Post by Ltn.George. »

You probably need more memory in your fantom XR to use all these sounds.
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Hi ken, thanks for the words.

My feeling is that you need more RAM (DIMM) memory, as pointed by Ltn.George.
Check out the amount of free memory you have, pushing the Sampler key.
This library has 170MB so you need at least a DIMM of 256MB.

In my X6 I have 512MB of DIMM (PC133 memory).

Julio.
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

I added 512mb of ram last week. I will try to reload them again. I went to System, scrolled to memory which says I have 528mb available mem in my Fantom Rack. 16mb plus the 512mb just added. Do you guys have the proper procedure to load sounds into the rack. I really thought I did it right. Thanks for your quick response.
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

I purchased the RAM last week. The RAM was ordered with Roland's specs. They gave me the website to buy it from. I also purchased the PCMCIA adapter card and Compact Flash from the same site.
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

Has anybody loaded these sounds on a Roland FantomXR (RACK). If so can you please tell me how you did it. I called Roland and they said, "There is many ways to do it". I just need one way. I was not sucessful with Rolands Help. I am getting a total of 5 patches off this file shared by Cesarsound. I have already replaced 2 of mine with his patches. I really want the B3 sounds, I will pay for them. I am getting really frustrated.
Checked OS, RAM, PCMCIA adapter, and Compact Flash Card and everything is fine. I even purchased an extra CF just in case. Please Help.
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

ken, I do not own a XR, I have a X6, but as far as I read on manual they have the same sampling structure, so it should work. Please take a look on page 153 of owner manual "File-Related Functions (File Utility)" to get some light. Also, please verify if all the samples are loaded (pushing "Sampling - Sample Edit").
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

I will try again. Thanks again!
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

TITLE: Importing an Audio file

Here's how to import an audio file (WAV/AIFF) into memory as a sample.

NOTE: Place the audio file in the "TMP/AUDIO_IMPORT" folder on the user memory or memory card. Details on this procedure please refer to p.148 of owners manual.

1. Press [SHIFT] so it lights, then press [SAMPLING], then press [MENU]. The Sample Utility screen will appear.

2. Cursor up or down to select "Import Audio". Press [ENTER}. The Import Audio screen will appear.

3. Press [GROUP] to select the import-source area.
User: Select a file from the the user area.
Card: Select a file from the memory card.

4. Use [CURSOR]to move the cursor to the "TMP/AUDIO_IMPORT."

5. Press [CURSOR] up or down to select the file that you want to import.

6. Press [ENTER]. A message will ask you for confirmation.

7. Press [ENTER] to execute.

This works for the Fantom XR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Python

Post by Python »

Is it possible once you have this stuff ready, to only load some of the instruments, e.g. the pianos, to save time if you only need one/some of it...?
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

No, this is a big limitation of Roland Fantom X file system, when compared with Yamaha Motif ES for example. To do this you should re-work the library on YASE, but very time consuming.
eyekahn

Post by eyekahn »

Cesarsound, just giving you a shout out to say a big thank you for providing these sounds for all of us. I downloaded these some time back, but only got to play with them for the first time tonight. In particular, the CP-70 sounds are sweet. I dialed in the CP-70 chorus and played the opening of "Don't Stop Believin'" and it was darn close to perfect.

thanks again!

eyekahn