SRJV presets converted to Fantom X and S

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
rcraven

SRJV presets converted to Fantom X and S

Post by rcraven »

Hi

I have been writing a program to convert XV patches to FantomX.

I discovered that not only are the waves either in a different place or are not in the Fantom X, but the MFX is different and worst yet, the parameters for the same MFX are in different places.

Anyway after much loss of hair it seems to be working well and so I have converted all the JV patches for the SRX cards so they work on the Fantom X.

I could only find SRX6,7,8 and 9.
If someone knows where the others are please let me know and I will convert those too.

They are in the files section of the Yahoo Fantom X group under "SRX" folder.

Let me know what you think.

All the best

Royce
mheuzeroth

Re: SRJV presets converted to Fantom X and S

Post by mheuzeroth »

Hi,
i tried to convert those patches for months. I am so glad you have done this....
is there a way, that you can send me the files for those srx-cards. i could not log in in the Yahoo group you mentioned. I am a pending member for this yahoo-group now for weeks.
Would you be so kind to send me the files by mail?
my email adress is:

"just send you a private message"

Thanks
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

What have you done with waves not in the fantom x?

When i tried to convert those patches i made an excel sheet where i made a comparison with the Roland XV-Waves (which were originally used by the JV-cards) and the internal Fantom X waves.
Waves which i havent found in the fantom x i replaced by waves wich were in srx cards 6,7,8 and 9 which i have installed in slot A-D.
Still there were waves left, which werent in the internal Fantom waves nor in the 4 SRX-Boards, i tried to replace them with waves with almost similar names or instruments.

It would be a very special thing if you have done this work.

How do i have to change the wave-banks for the SRX-Board-Waves. Which Slot have you for which SRX-Board?
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

I know there must be some patches left for those additional waves in the SRX 6-9.
Every Board has some more waves than only the ones of the corresponding 3 SRJV-Boards.

SRX 06 (Complete Orchestra): Selected waveforms from the SR-JV80-07 SuperSoundSet
SRX 07 (Ultimate Keys): Selected waves from SR-JV80-09 Session and SR-JV80-03 Piano
SRX 08 (Platinum Trax): Selected waves from SR-JV80-15 Special FX
SRX 09 (World): Selected waves from the SR-JV80-17 Country

It would be difficult to get those Patches, because only users of this srjv Boards will have the Patches. Only some patches will work because not all waves are in the boards.

So perhaps has someone the Patches for those SRJV boards? Please help to upgrade the fantom x
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

mheuzeroth wrote:Hi,
i tried to convert those patches for months. I am so glad you have done this....
is there a way, that you can send me the files for those srx-cards. i could not log in in the Yahoo group you mentioned. I am a pending member for this yahoo-group now for weeks.
my email adress is:

They are a bit big to send by email.
I'll see if I can post them here
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

What have you done with waves not in the fantom x?

Went through all the waves and found the 'best fit'.

When i tried to convert those patches i made an excel sheet where i made a comparison with the Roland XV-Waves (which were originally used by the JV-cards) and the internal Fantom X waves.
Waves which i havent found in the fantom x i replaced by waves wich were in srx cards 6,7,8 and 9 which i have installed in slot A-D.
Still there were waves left, which werent in the internal Fantom waves nor in the 4 SRX-Boards, i tried to replace them with waves with almost similar names or instruments.

Basically did the same.
The program I wrote uses a file with the XV waves vs the FanX. I have really tried to keep it to the FanS set so the extra waves in the FanX might be better. Not sure.

If you have some better selections all I need to do is change the wave list and pass all the presets through again. Quite an interesting way to create new presets

It would be a very special thing if you have done this work.
What can I say, I just sort of guy 8)

How do i have to change the wave-banks for the SRX-Board-Waves. Which Slot have you for which SRX-Board?

I thought that I would have to visit this, but with the SRX-6 (XP-B slot) and SRX-9 (XP-A slot) in my Fantom X the presets seem to find the SRX waves OK.
Someone will have to have a problem and then I'll take a look at it.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

mheuzeroth wrote:I know there must be some patches left for those additional waves in the SRX 6-9.
Every Board has some more waves than only the ones of the corresponding 3 SRJV-Boards.

SRX 06 (Complete Orchestra): Selected waveforms from the SR-JV80-07 SuperSoundSet
SRX 07 (Ultimate Keys): Selected waves from SR-JV80-09 Session and SR-JV80-03 Piano

It would be difficult to get those Patches, because only users of this srjv Boards will have the Patches. Only some patches will work because not all waves are in the boards.

So perhaps has someone the Patches for those SRJV boards? Please help to upgrade the fantom x

Roland US had them on their website and that was the source for my conversion, but I'm not sure if there are any available for other SRX boards or are the other SRX boards not derived from SRJV boards?
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

rcraven wrote:
mheuzeroth wrote:Hi,
my email adress is:

They are a bit big to send by email.
I'll see if I can post them here
Please try to zip the files or send them individually. You made me so happy with your work and i would like to test those patches.
Thank you very much
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

mheuzeroth wrote:SRX 06 (Complete Orchestra): Selected waveforms from the SR-JV80-07 SuperSoundSet

I have at least found a website with links to the Patchlist and Waveform list of all those SR-Jv80 Boards mantioned above:

http://www.synthman.com/roland/support/ ... formlists/

Now we need the original patches of these cards...
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

rcraven wrote:They are in the files section of the Yahoo Fantom X group under "SRX" folder.
As this group is a restricted yahoo group and membership has to be approved by the moderator, who doesnt answer nor approve membership for weeks i suggest to post your files in other groups, too.

i suggest the active yahoo group: Roland-XV

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roland-XV/

this group is open for erverybody, has a rich files section and, what makes it attractive has many XV-patches waiting to be converted for fantom x.

Hope you can register to this group and post your conversions there too.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Hi
Artemiy has kindly allowed me to upload the files here but when I tried I was prevented from uploading fxl file.

So I will store them in the Yahoo group SonicCell, which I am the moderator, till I can work out how to store a copy here.

I might even be tempted to convert them to Sonic Cell format.

I am sometimes away for a few days, but I will process new membership applications as soon as I can.

All the best

Royce
Gertje

Post by Gertje »

Any uploading probs that can be dealt with (Artemiy?).
Hope the files still will be uploaded here on RolandClan also.

Great work!
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

As have tested now 2 out of 12 patch libraries all i can say is:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A dream has com true.
After spending hours/days in manually changing the waves and mfx-effect number of the original srjv-patches and still disappointed,because the patches had to much reverb, an undefinable vibrato tone and a often some dearrangement when special mfx effects were in the patch now everything is fine.

This is an addition of 12*256= 3072 patches for srx-card owners.

Artemiy has to add those files to the roland fantom x download section.
Perhaps Artemiy has some connections to roland too, so he could get those missing patches which were mentioned above?
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Hi all

here are all the patches zipped up. The forum seems OK with zip files, but not fxl.
I have the Midi files if FantomS folk are having trouble with the FantomX library files. Let me know.

I use 7-zip which is a free zip utility you can get off the web, but I think anything should open them.

Have fun

Royce Craven
Attachments
Preset Convert.zip
SRJV patches for SRX-06,07,08 and SRX-09
(492.51 KiB) Downloaded 916 times
mheuzeroth

Post by mheuzeroth »

Wich Program did you write, is this Software possiple to get? It would be a big value for averybody who wants to convert XV-Patches.
Many Thanks