My X6 doesn't response to modulation wheel

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Enni

My X6 doesn't response to modulation wheel

Post by Enni »

Hallo everybody,

I'm just making my first experiences with my newly purchased X6.
I also have an XR for a couple of years already, using it PC-controlled for self made playbacks.
So the first things I did with the new X6 was to copy all settings of the XR, including User Patches and Multisamples, to get it able to play my playback midi files like the XR does.
This really works fine now, but, when I'm playing the X6 manually, I discovered that the modulation wheel does not respond to pushes, be it in performance or patch mode or elsewhere. The pitch bender workes fine while moving the joystick left or right.
When resetting the X6 to factory settings, modulation works fine again, but after copying the XR settings, same effect.
Is there any system wide setting that enables/disables the modulation function of the joystick?

Any help appreciated.
Greetings from Germany,
Enni
howardS

Re: My X6 doesn't response to modulation wheel

Post by howardS »

What is the X6 joystick set to after copying the XR settings. Perhaps after copying the sounds it is set to something other that modulation in which case you would just need to set it back.
Enni

Post by Enni »

Thanks for reply, but where do I find this setting?
howardS

Post by howardS »

I wont be near my X until probably tomorrow so I will need to check it then. I have been playing my RD700NX so much lately that I need to get back in front of my X6 or X8 to answer that question. I will check as soon as I can and then get back to you, Enni.
Romey

Post by Romey »

You might check if the joystick is assigned to the keyboard or pads. F4 button then F7 in patch mode. In performance mode, the controller assignments can be set differntly for each performance by using the F4 button and adding/removing the checkmarks next to modulation or the other control messages.
Romey
Robertdsmn

Post by Robertdsmn »

Hello. I know this is in response to a post from many years ago. But my problem is the opposite. The joystick engages the leslie effect on a particular organ patch in patch mode, but when I use the sound in a performance, the joystick does not. I can't find anything in the manual that says how to make settings for the joystick in either patch or performance. Any suggestions ?
Thanks.
Romey

Post by Romey »

Hi,
Effects are not assigned automatically in performance mode. (unlike patch mode) In performance mode, there are 16 parts, but only 3 effect units. These MFX units have to be shared among all the parts. You can assign these on the effect routing page.
Load your performance with the organ patch in part 1. Hit the effects button and then F1 routing button. On the right top of the page there are 3 empty boxes for MFX1, 2, 3.
Set the 1st box to P1. This will load MFX1 with the settings from the organ patch. (rotary/leslie effect) You can also put P1 into the reverb and chorus boxes if you want. This will set the reverb and chorus effect to same settings as the organ patch. (But remember there is only 1reverb and chorus and all parts you assign to reverb/chorus will share these settings so you might want to set these independently.)
Then on the left top of the page will show the routing for part 1. Set the lower box to PAT. This will route the effect like it is in patch mode. Set the next box to a 1 to send to MFX1. (rotary/leslie)
Please note there are many ways to route the effects. This is just one way.
Good Luck.
Romey