Help, FAN-X-UP1 Audio Track Expansion (England - Yorkshire)

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Rusty

Help, FAN-X-UP1 Audio Track Expansion (England - Yorkshire)

Post by Rusty »

Hi.
Can anyone please help me, i want to upgrade the software on my fantom X6 from V1 to V2,
Does anyone have the upgrade kit that that they could possibly lend to me orthat I could buy.
I want to make it into a V2.0 and then v2.1 using the web download.

I'm in West Yorkshire. But will gladly pay postage costs or meet up and collect if wished.
I also gig regular in south Yorkshire and the north east if you wanted to meet up.
Kind regards
Bren
079909 16315
hervshahn

Re: Help, FAN-X-UP1 Audio Track Expansion (England - Yorkshi

Post by hervshahn »

Have one for sale, but it's in Germany. Price would be 65,- Euro plus shipping cost, need to check how much it is to the UK but can do it only at the end of next week as I am in Asia at the moment.

Interested?
billw

Post by billw »

Can't the upgrade files just be copied off of the CF card and posted for download? If you could just download the files and put them on your own CF card, that should solve the problem -- am I missing something?
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I'd hope so My friend. That would save hassle but it seems not for some reason,
I have two fantoms. The x6 is V1 and the X8 is v2.1 (from memory). It's a shame I can't transfer data between them, or as you say. Just have someone send the file over the Internet.
I've just updated all the software on my korg M3's with no problem at all. They are both expanded systems now where as before one of them was an un-expanded model, very similar to the situation I'm in now with the fantoms.
But that was quite simply a case of buying a 2gb sd card and downloading the update from the web onto it and then installing it inside the M3 module instead of the 512mb card that is fitted as standard. It Took about 30 mins and cost about £14 for the high speed sd card. Just hoping I can get the Roland sorted now

I'm sure there must be someone fairly local to me that has one or someone that can post one hopefully. Fingers crossed
hervshahn

Post by hervshahn »

Copy is not possible, I tried it. The CF card is somehow protected....
billw

Post by billw »

hervshahn wrote:Copy is not possible, I tried it. The CF card is somehow protected....
Crap. I just bought a Fantom XR on ebay that is arriving next week. I got it from a high-volume retailer who didn't know which OS it has on it so I guess I will wait for it to arrive before I start hunting down the upgrade kit.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

billw wrote:
hervshahn wrote:Copy is not possible, I tried it. The CF card is somehow protected....
Crap. I just bought a Fantom XR on ebay that is arriving next week. I got it from a high-volume retailer who didn't know which OS it has on it so I guess I will wait for it to arrive before I start hunting down the upgrade kit.
Be aware that the upgrade kit for the XR is not the same as the Xs.
billw

Post by billw »

V-CeeOh wrote:
billw wrote:
Be aware that the upgrade kit for the XR is not the same as the Xs.
Yeah, I know. I actually have the FAN-X-UP1. I should probably put that on ebay.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hi again, no one has yet come forward with one and I'd rather do this sooner rather than later so I contacted my local Roland dealer and they are able to do the upgrade for just £15 so that's fair enough, gonna drop it off with them shortly, regards
JAZZ66

Post by JAZZ66 »

Hello everyone there is any news ? I would like to download OS version 2 for my fantom X7. Thanks !
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

JAZZ, it looks like getting in touch with Roland is your best bet, given Rusty's experience.

My X7 was 2.10 when I bought it, so I'm afraid I can't help.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hi. Sorry. I don't appear to be subscribed to the post as I didn't get email notification of a reply,
As mentioned I took it to my local Roland dealer (PMT - Leeds).
They did the upgrade overnight and everything now works perfect, Regards. Bren.
lvb16

Post by lvb16 »

Hi,
I recently bought a used X6 I'd like to update with FAN-X-UP1. Does anyone still have one to sell (that could be sent to MIAMI, FL)?
lordofillutions

Post by lordofillutions »

Does any body have the FAN-X-UP1 Audio Track Expansion ?? please help me . i t looks like no body have it.
Credo

Post by Credo »

In your situation I'd get out my phone book and start calling every Roland dealer in there...from the closest to my home outward.

Ask for the person in charge of their service center for Roland products.

Ask them if they can/will upgrade your Fantom for you.

While it's difficult to 'buy' the kits these days...many retail music stores thrive on the practice of accepting 'trade ins' towards the purchase of newer/different gear, and one of the first things they'll do before stocking/reselling a trade in is run it through the shop to get it in top notch condition and 'upgrade' everything.

Some dealer is bound to have kept a kit on the 'work bench', and hopefully will upgrade it for you (maybe for a fee). You'll most likely have to bring or ship the unit to them so they can upgrade it for you.

If that fails try contacting a real person from tech support at Roland. Maybe you can ship it to them for a good diagnostics run, cleaning, and upgrade.

Good Luck!