Global Data Dump to PC?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
madhtr

Global Data Dump to PC?

Post by madhtr »

Hi board ...

Question. A friend lent me his Fantom X6 (until my Juno-G comes in) to perform with. I want to back uip all of his settings (at the very least, performances and user patches) to my PC Hard drive, via USB or MIDI, so that when I make changes, I can restore it to HIS conditition when I return it. ( I have a Juno-G on order)

I've been pouring thru the manual, and cannot seem to find any information on this ... Is it possible?

TY ... I've been usin Roland synths since I was in High School, when I bought a brand new Juno-106 which is leaning against my wall as I type, heh ;)

madhtr :)
Romey

Re: Global Data Dump to PC?

Post by Romey »

You can do it with the Fantom librarian software. If you don't have the software, you can download it from roland's website.
Romey
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

The easiest way is to put the Fantom in USB Storage mode, connect it through USB to your PC - it will pop as an external drive - and copy all the folders to you PC.
madhtr

Post by madhtr »

Thanks ... Turns out my friend liked what I did with it and did not want to overwrite it anyway ... Hmm. VCee, I'm going to have to try that with the Juno, TY all :)