Fantom X7 Fatal error. ROM program load error.

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
dc3hawaii

Fantom X7 Fatal error. ROM program load error.

Post by dc3hawaii »

When I power up the machine, the display screen shows a dim light but no images. It appears that the software is not loading and the machine is not booting because I do not see the pads lighting up at all. There is no sound at all. Sometimes, when the keyboard is switched on the display shows the following message: Fatal error. ROM program load error.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!
Andy Keys

Re: Fantom X7 Fatal error. ROM program load error.

Post by Andy Keys »

That sounds bad.
If you can't boot it up to do a factory reset, you're probably best off getting in touch with your local Roland office to see if they can help.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Was it dropped? I wonder if something internal was displaced. I agree with Andy that you may need to get it look at by a Roland service centre.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

That's a good point, Howard. If you're confident of what you're doing, dc3hawaii, you could try opening the case and making sure all the ribbon connectors etc are firmly plugged in, and so on. If not, I would go to Roland in this case.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Yes, I would definitely try that first assuming that you are confident about opening up and checking the inside of the keyboard.
dc3hawaii

Post by dc3hawaii »

Thank you for all your replies. It was not dropped. It sat on the keyboard stand in a studio for about a year after I purchased it from a friend. I live on Maui with no Roland center so I would have to ship it out. But I will try and open it first to see if anything is not connected.

Thanks for the help again!
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

It could be worth emailing your nearest Roland and asking them what the error message means - it might be one part that needs replacing, and you might be able to do it yourself.

There is no mention of the error message you mention in the X7 Service Manual. Do let us know what you find and how you sort it.

Regards
Andy
b3keys

Post by b3keys »

This happened to me. I had to return my X7 to a Roland Service Center. They were able to fix it in a few weeks
erisuhime

Post by erisuhime »

Heya THERE IS A FIX! See my post here: http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37445
battlecate

Post by battlecate »

That was and is amazing! A positive response to a post from 2014 made in 2022. That is dedication and is wonderful.