Deleting a multisample on Fantom X

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
gcoudert67

Deleting a multisample on Fantom X

Post by gcoudert67 »

Is it possible to delete a multisample (as opposed to a sample) from the card or user memory? I know how to get to the samples and how to edit a multisample but how do you get rid of the latter?! Thanks.
Andy Keys

Re: Deleting a multisample on Fantom X

Post by Andy Keys »

As far as I remember, the multisample "Patch" just stays in your user or card memory. (I'm not even sure if you can 'Initialise' it).

I'm not aware of a quick way to delete all the samples associated with a multisample patch, either, I'm afraid.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

I got rid of the samples but the multisample is still there! Weird! I'd have thought Roland would implement this in the File Utilities menu. You can't even see those multisamples when you browse through the user or dard memory content. Never mind...
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

That is odd, yeah. I confess that a couple of my cards are littered with abandoned multisamples...
jabre

Post by jabre »

Best way do delete abandoned samples or multisamples is thru you pc.... when you connect fantom, in folder SMPL you can hear all samples one by one. As they are in WAV format you can use ordinary winamp or any media player....