Nice Yam Acoustic Piano for Fantom X

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
CesarsoundOne

Nice Yam Acoustic Piano for Fantom X

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Hi,

Some years ago I sampled an Ac Piano (in fact it is an Yam S700) and programed some voices for the Fantom X. The result was very impressive and realistic so I decided to share with the users here in that time.

Now, 4 year later, I am posting it again here for you. Just download it, see below link, and unzip the file.
There is a password on file (pass = ressonancia).

Instructions:
Just unzip the file (~84MB), copy the Roland folder to your CF Card, plug on FanX, push SAVE/LOAD and then F7. See the patches 1-15 on CARD area.

Below are the PATCHES NUMBERS - NAMES:
001 - Save Me
002 - The Y FanBoy
003 - A $40k Toy
004 - First Class
005 - LA-Y Piano
006 - Take a Look
007 - UltimateYama
008 - Elton John's
009 - Dark Stage
010 - Yammi Lovers
011 - Y a s e
012 - Piano Triste
013 - Warm Yamaha
014 - Vox-Y Grand
015 - MKS20 GrandY
016 - UltimYamMono
017 - Grand Mono

Note: please do a backup of your patches before load this library.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7j26av50z0t3 ... d.rar?dl=0

Enjoy,
Julio - Cesarsound
Andy Keys

Re: Nice Yam Acoustic Piano for Fantom X

Post by Andy Keys »

This is wonderful. Many thanks for sharing, Julio.
There's plenty of life in the Fantom X, yet.
MrTwan

Post by MrTwan »

Hi Julio,

Thanks to you for sharing your work ! There are not tons of good free sounds available for the Roland Fantom X...

It's fun to have Yamaha piano sounds to play on a Roland module (I have the XR) !

I don't really like the stock piano sounds of the Fantom X/XR. The tone isn't that bad, but the playability could be better. I prefer the playability of your patches.

I also like the tone of this Yam S700, although I have to say that I generally prefer mellow tone. But bright tone is good for certain kinds of music. The Elton John patch is perfect for blues.

One thing I noticed: Is it just me or there is very little effect (or no effect at all) on most of the patches ? Is it because you personally prefer to use the effects (especially reverb) from an external module ?

P.-S.: There are no SAVE/LOAD and F7 buttons on the XR. To load the preset samples from a CF card, the option Startup w/PresetSamp (Load Preset Samples at Startup) must be set to "ON" in the System Parameters. Does anybody knows if it is possible (on the XR) to have the option set to "OFF" and to load the Preset Samples from the CF card manually if desired ?
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Hi Andy, MrTwan and others,

I'm happy you like it...
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

I have the 17 patches loaded on my CF card. I want to load them into my Fantom XR. Turned on load preset samples at start up in sytem parameters. Can someone help with the rest of the directions. Any help will be much appreciated.
Platz

Post by Platz »

Hi Julio,

Thank you for sharing your EXCELLENT work, It's a very playable and properly sampled piano.
Congratulations for the good work.

Best regards,
Platz
Platz

Post by Platz »

Hi ken6370,

Do you have RAM memory installed? You'll need at least 128mb to load this piano.
You need first to put in your CF card (128mb or more). Format it on the XR, then put the XR on USB Storage Mode, then select the CARD area. A drive called FANX CARD will appear in your computer.
Open the zip file Julio uploaded.
You must copy all the the .wav files in the ROLAND\SMPL folder to the same ROLAND\SMPL folder found in the FANX CARD. Then copy and overwrite the two files in the ROLAND\SMPL folder.
Move the FANX CARD to the trash (Mac) or remove the device (WIN).
Make sure you have the "load user samples on startup" checked on your XR (System menu).
Turn it off, then on, wait for the samples to load. Then select the CARD bank, you'll find the 17 patches there.

Please correct me if I forgot something.
Best regards,
Platz
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Hi Platz, you are welcome!
joyof60

Post by joyof60 »

Can anybody help me load this on a X8? I have a 1GB CF card formatted and installed with plenty of room. I would like to actually take it from the card to a preset bank if that's possible. Sorry, just an old piano player here, not a techie or programmer.
Thanks for any help!!
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

A new download link is available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxwx4f3kx7z1j ... d.rar?dl=0

Enjoy.
Gertje

Post by Gertje »

Thank you so much!

Would it be possible to post download links to your LJ Rhodes V2.0 and CP70 again? The older limks are not active anymore.

Thanks in advance.