Best B3 patches on Fantom X8

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
dannyjo1847

Best B3 patches on Fantom X8

Post by dannyjo1847 »

I play keyboard on a Praise Team here in Naples, Fl. We have added another keyboard player. She's a decent player and a good singer, but her taste in patches (if that is what Roland players call it) is somewhat limited. She uses mostly pads and uses the the concept of "atmospheric sounds", which ends up sounding like the keyboard piano player from Lynyrd Skynyrd (me) being backed by a calliope.

So I need your opinion on what the best B3 like patches/sounds are on her Fantom. From research I understand that many don't think highly of the organ patches on the Fantom, so I just need your best two or three choices. I realize that's subjective, but the band leader wants B3 as much as possible.

I am a Korgie and I have owned Rolands over the years. Thanks for any suggestions.
LA Keys

Re: Best B3 patches on Fantom X8

Post by LA Keys »

The MossyZombie B3 (MZB3) organ emulation is probably the very best for B3 sounds. Its a bit of work to set up but once done it is great.

You can get it here: http://www.mossyzombie.50webs.com/

Some patches on the SRX-07 expansion board are great too.

LA
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

And here's a discussion about it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29246

LA
LesliesTube

Post by LesliesTube »

After messing a bit with an EXP-10 (SRX-07 for FA series) loaded at a FA-06 in a local show I must say that the best Hammond sounds (As far as their romplers are concerned), exist there.
But! The best sounds will be the patches you'll make from scratch. There's a bucket load of B3 waveforms, from what I tried, they are useable at least, and some of them are excellent. Sadly, Roland's programmers did not prove sharpness on the Hammond (And the Mellotron patches, by the way) in this SRX. there are some good patches from factory, but some suffer many drawbar settings at once melted with a rotary effect, whilst the organ waves were sampled with a Leslie! (Same as for the 'Trons. There are waveforms of the good old 'Tron sounds, but the patches melted them with other strings\vocals that blur the authentic sound)
Hope it helps.