Fantom XR Save a Created Patch to a USER Location

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Greg Midi

Fantom XR Save a Created Patch to a USER Location

Post by Greg Midi »

I did this once before but it was so difficult and unintuitive I can't remember how it was done. It's not too hard to get a sample wav file loaded and then saved as a sample. It's even fairly easy to then save it as a patch. The problem is how do I now get it saved to a location in user memory where the other presets are??

Greg
Greg Midi

Re: Fantom XR Save a Created Patch to a USER Location

Post by Greg Midi »

I got that problem figured out. The one I have now is much stranger and no one is likely to know what to do about this:

I run the XR along with 3 other keyboards in a Digital Performer/MBP setup with a MIDI Timepeice AV and 828mk3 interfaces.

The Fantom XR is in Performance Mode and patches change on it (and the other keyboards) as I switch through sequences in my DP file. The sample I saved as a patch in USER11 memory space loads just fine but what's weird is that it doesn't play. I turn the dial to switch patches and come back and now it plays fine! I don't have this problem with the other patch I'd created. The most obvious difference between the two (besides the sound itself) is that the newest created patch is bigger and longer.