Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
chickeneps

Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Post by chickeneps »

Hello, sorry for the advertising-related post, but I hope it's acceptable.

Perhaps you've heard about the Creator products that are being "created" (ha) by Chicken Systems for various workstations, included the Roland Fantom (Fantom-G, -X, -XR, and -S, including the Juno-G). For the Roland it's called Fantom Creator.

This is a Mac and Windows program that facilitates the creation of sample-based Fantom Banks, forming Patches (even Performances/Live Sets) using the Multisamples and Samples with RAM of the Fantom workstation series. The Fantom's as you know have been very lacking in management facilities and creation of sample-based Multisamples. With Fantom Creator you can fully create, edit and manage your Fantom Banks. One feature I really like is being able to move Patches and other object between banks, something the Roland never was able to do properly.

Our Creator series started with the Motif Creator program, released about two years ago. This has been very successful, and we designed it internally to adapt to other workstation formats such as the Roland Fantom series. For a product video of Motif Creator, see here:
http://www.chickensys.com/_videos/mtc_overview.mp4

Fantom Creator looks almost identical to Motif Creator, except it has Fantom-friendly text and aligns itself to the 4 Zones that Fantom Patches work with, along with other Fantom-specific things.

Not only that, Fantom Creator includes the awesome Chicken Systems Conversion Engine, which enables you to simply drag and drop any instrument format (SoundFonts, Kontakt, EXS24, SFZ, over 60 other formats!) into a Fantom Document in Fantom Creator and converts it directly to Fantom format. You can see immediately all the Patches, Multisamples, and Samples that are created.

Even better, Fantom Creator includes our new Auto Sampler, which enables you to automatically sample software AND hardware instruments directly into a Fantom bank. Imagine taking an awesome Kontakt Instrument and funneling it straight into your Fantom! Wow.

A demonstration version of Fantom Creator is available for you to check out:
http://www.chickensys.com/downloads2/fantomcreator.html

Documentation is online here:
http://www.chickensys.com/support/softw ... umentation

Here's a pic of the packaging of the Creator series, which is just starting to come in:
http://www.chickensys.com/_images/produ ... or_lit.png

Anyway, I'm posting the information that the release date is almost upon us: Monday, August 17th, 2015. As well, Fantom Creator has been on sale during the entire pre-release/beta time (since June) for 50% off. The MSRP is $79.95, but the 50% off is only $39.98. We will hold this price in place through Monday and it will end Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.

Put simply, here's the difference between pre-release/beta and release:
  • Pre-release/Beta: We yell at YOU for any bugs/issues that exist.
    Release: You yell at US for any bugs/issues that exist.
So, to get in the 50% price, order before Wednesday August 19th. Here is the product page:
http://www.chickensys.com/fantomcreator

For any questions, as I don't frequent this forum often, please email us at support@chickensys.com. You can post questions at this forum, and for a time I'll try to answer them, but for quicker response, please email.

Thanks for your time - long live the Fantom!

Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
Email: support@chickensys.com
Phone: 320-235-9798
Ricoche

Re: Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Post by Ricoche »

We will hold this price in place through Monday and it will end Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.
Just an update and friendly heads up from a customer and user of the Fantom Creator software. I made the blunder ( although I knew it could happen ) of buying into the Fantom Creator waaaay before it was finished. It's now November 16, 2015 and while the sale is still going on, the Beta version is absolutely not ready at all for prime time, nor beta at all for that matter. ( More like still in Alpha ).

First, there is absolutely no difference between the paid and free version other than the price. You cannot save samples, documents or anything in the paid version so don't do what I did and buy the darn thing until it's ready. In fact, I'll update my post here when you can finally start saving patches. Right now, the only good thing is I got the software for half price, but I can do absolutely zero with it. It's a brick sitting on my computer right now.

Yes, I perfectly knew it was in Beta and I expected it to not work at all quite frankly with regards to other format importing, editing, and a few other things. However, I didn't expect that the software wouldn't at least save a basic patch. I simply wanted to import a Wav file, create a multisample, then make a patch for saving to the Fantom. Nope! No can do I'm afraid.

I have MVkit, Motif Creator, and Translator. That all works pretty good and I can recommend them.

I cannot recommend Motif Creator for the Fantom yet. Save your money, and I mean even if it's 50% off. You won't get anything different than the free version ( I'm on Mac btw and it could work on Windows but I haven't tested that yet. ).

I feel bad for anyone who bought this three months ago when this was originally posted. Hopefully not many did. Note that when this software is ready, it will definitely be worth the original price. It's a good idea and I know with my experience with the Motif Creator it will eventually work. It's just not ready to even be in Beta much less sold to the public.

Again, I'll update this post once my copy of Fantom Creator can actually do something. If anyone else has purchased this software and has it working, please let me know. I desperately am hoping I'm wrong about something setup wise. So far, no go though.

Jim
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

I have to correct some errors on Ricoche's post:

This is marked all over the place as a BETA. The splash screen that comes up actually says it doesn't save anything. (In reality it actually does, the splash screen is in error, but at least it says it doesn't, so there should be no complaints.) People can choose to pay 50% less to get in early. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work in areas - especially when it even says so!

Why would you consider it a "blunder" to purchase the software now? You get it at a 50% discount. You KNEW it was BETA, for the purpose of early check. Why is it a blunder? You'll get a fully functioning software for a great deal. You don't think we do this to grab money from people and leave them with a incomplete piece of software forever, do you? Of course not. We've been in the software business for 26 years. We'd NEVER do anything like that. Never. Never.

We certainly tested this latest build to save Banks. Worked in our experience. That doesn't mean you might not have an issue. And you did, but Ricoche IT'S A BETA and issues happen. You're surprised? Wow.

Further, there are a couple of areas where the paid BETA version does things the FREE doesn't, that's incorrect. It'll be even more incorrect as further builds get more of the feature set in them.
I cannot recommend Motif Creator for the Fantom yet.
I think that's a typo - you mean Fantom Creator, not Motif Creator. (Motif Creator has worked well for many years in fact.) Going further, it's in BETA, there is no room for recommendation, that's apples-and-oranges logic. BETA's are supposed to have issues. Why are you surprised?

Lastly, it always surprises me - stuns me, actually - on posts like these where no mention at all is given about TALKING TO THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE SOFTWARE. The company can make the greatest difference and greatest effect on anything you question or complain about. Posting to a forum does really nothing - in fact it increases the amount of disinformation, guessing, and confusion.

Got a problem? ASK US FIRST! Then your proceeding forum post will be more informed, without having us to take a break from coding to correct you.

Please see above - because you are guessing and you just posted without getting your facts straight, you confuse the issue and cause disinformation. it's mostly why our company doesn't participate on forums often.

Now for the real true information.

A couple days ago posted a new build for Fantom Creator that included saving banks, for the -S/X and -G. It was tested thoroughly. There have been a couple people including Ricoche that mentioned issues and we are looking into those reports. People involved are people that have purchased the product - voluntarily - at a deep discount in price. Ricoche put in a Bug Report (thank you!) and I personally wish he would have gotten the results BEFORE he posted here, when such a report is merely temporary and does no one no good.
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

We have addressed any Fantom Creator reports last night and this morning, a new BETA build will be out soon.

We would prefer it if people wouldn't post specific information on the BETA, not because we don't want information to flow, but that any reports are transitory and temporary - beta's have issues by definition and posting that information to a public forum isn't constructive, and also stays here for future reference, when no future reference is needed, and actually confuses anyone reading in the future.

Thank you for your accommodation.
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Fantom Creator 0.9 Build 25 (beta) is up, it fixes some of the saving issues Ricoche reported, along with a host of other fixes and improvements along the way to release. It's almost there! See http://www.chickensys.com/fantomcreator for product information and ordering. It is 50% off until release and a short time afterwards.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »