Vertical Lines on X7 Screen

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
pianoman41

Vertical Lines on X7 Screen

Post by pianoman41 »

Hi,

I've owned my X7 new since 2005, and it has been flawless while traveling and playing hundreds of gigs, and pretty much lives powered on 24/7 in my home studio when I'm not gigging. Over the last couple of years I've developed a vertical line on the screen. It started as a pencil tip thin line probably four years ago, but over time has grown wider. Sometimes it is a couple thin vertical lines, but they are always in the exact same area on the screen--right in line with the "F" on F6 button. It appears to be temperature dependent, as during the colder months here in New England USA it gets narrower or completely disappears. Coming from a cold car to a gig it would be gone, but then as it warmed up to room temperature it would come back. It's definitely worse in the summer months. It used to come and go but now it's pretty persistent and I wanted to know if this would be an easy fix (loose ribbon cable, etc) or something more involved (i.e. requiring soldering). I know the screen connections on these are quite fragile so I don't want to make things worse. I can live with it as is, but if I can fix it easily I'm willing to open her up. Other than this, the screen works and looks perfect.
Attachments
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG (116.93 KiB) Viewed 695 times
pianoman41

Re: Vertical Lines on X7 Screen

Post by pianoman41 »

No one has any ideas on this? I figured someone else must have had this issue at some point.
LA Keys

Re: Vertical Lines on X7 Screen

Post by LA Keys »

I don't think you can actual fix the LCD itself but it is easy to find a replacement.

The original part number, according to the service manual is: KCG057QV1DB-G00
The G00 part at the end refer to the revision number. The original part is available on e-Bay for about $100.00 usually from china. The newer version such as the G50 are backward compatible and often sell for less than the original.

LA