Fantom Creator Released

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
chickeneps

Fantom Creator Released

Post by chickeneps »

I'd announced Fantom Creator before here - it's a new program that enables you to load and create user-sample-based Fantom banks using a modern Mac or Windows computer. It supports all Fantom's - -S, -X, -G, and the Juno-G.

http://www.chickensys.com/fantomcreator

For the last couple of months it's been in Beta stage and we've made it publicly available for 50% or more off ($39.98US). But today we are officially releasing Fantom Creator, so for the next week - over the Thanksgiving weekend - it will remain at 50% off, then it will go up to the regular MSRP of $79.95 Wednesday of next week (Dec 2).

So you got one more week to take advantage of this special offer. Also, if you just want to try out the demo (Fantom Creator Free), follow this link:

http://www.chickensys.com/downloads2/fantomcreator.html

There will be a video up specially showing Fantom Creator, but until then check out the Motif Creator video - it's almost the same thing except the terminology is a little different.

www.chickensys.com/_videos/youtube/motifcreator.html

For those who have already purchased Fantom Creator, the release will be up later tonight (Wed Nov 25), and you can update simply by starting your current program, it will tell you there's an update and allow you to download and install it. If you have any questions, please contact us at support AT chickensys.com or call us at 320-235-9798 (we will be in and out this holiday weekend).

Lastly, Chicken Systems and SamplerZone.com as a whole are having a 50% off sale of almost everything, pick up Translator or Constructor or some of our other products. Or even the whole SamplerTools package - Translator, Constructor, and Instrument Manager - down from $400, for only $199.

See SamplerZone.com for the sale.

Thanks!
Ricoche

Re: Fantom Creator Released

Post by Ricoche »

I updated to Build 26 and Fantom Creator now works nearly perfect! It's awesome and a huge thanks for making it even easier to import multisample into the Fantom X. The only minor problem left is that I am unable to save KeyRange and KeyVel edits from the Sample section. Everything else works flawlessly on a Mac running Yosemite. I even was able to import stuff I created in Kontakt which was cool. Currently I'm making KeyRange edits in Kontakt, but hopefully that will change to Fantom Creator in the near future.

Great job and Happy Holidays!

Jim
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Thanks for the feedback, please place Bug Report on it and we'll take care of it quickly.

Specifically, though, the key ranges are for the samples (within the Multisample) and the Vel Ranges are on the Tone. We are aware of the non-editing of the Vel Ranges of the Tone, but the Key Ranges in the Multisample should edit fine. Again, the Bug Report will start the process.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

Thanks! I submitted a bug report.

Indeed the main two things that are killing me right now with Fantom Creator are the inability to edit the following in Sample Edit:

KeyRange
VelRange
Loop Type

Currently I am using the Fantom X to resolve the the Loop Type issue. The Key/Vel Range issues I'm using Kontakt 5 to fix BEFORE I use Fantom Creator. For some reason setting samples to OneShot in Kontakt doesn't fix the value in Fantom Creator, so I have to adjust that later in the Fantom.

Basically fixing those Sample Edits will allow me to stop using Kontakt and eliminate any final edits in the Fantom.

Thanks again.

Jim
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Please communicate us through Customer Service, not through public forums. We don't do customer service through forums. We've already got your report and are addressing it. If you have a question, contact us directly.

Just so everyone knows the Kontakt 5 issue, this is NI's fault. We can read every parameter in versions 4.1 and earlier, but v4.2 and v5 we can read most but not all. One Shot, however you are implementing it, is not read, which is why it's not coming through. We highly recommend people have a Kontakt 3 or a Kontakt 4.1 hanging around and use that for things like that (or even use it normally).
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

Thanks very much for the update. I wasn't aware of the limitations of Kontakt version v4.2 and v5. I only use Kontakt with Fantom Creator because it's not reading much of any other format. I'll be happy to send a list of formats that are not working with Fantom Creator.

Also, I communicate on this forum for two reasons. One, I get replies, and two so others can get an idea of how the software is working. I for one would have loved to know more about the software from other users before purchasing. I think understanding Fantom Creator is relevant to the Roland forum. It's also difficult to find info at the moment.

Thanks for the updates and I'm sure the program will improve over time as with the other products you sell.

Happy Holidays!
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

By the way, the Fantom Creator forum is password protected or locked in your forum site. I'm registered and have bee for a long time but can't view or post anything there. Thanks.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I also have Motif Creator and it reads my Kontakt file just fine. I changed it to "One Shot" instead of "Loop" in Kontact first. However, when I open in Fantom Creator it reverts the setting back to Loop and saves it as Loop. In Motif Creator it keeps the setting as "One Shot" and saves as "One Shot".

So while your info about Kontakt in your previous post may be correct, something is still not working correctly in Fantom Creator. It should "read" my wav files as "One Shot" and leave them alone. It doesn't.

I'll submit a bug report for this.

Thanks again.
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

PLEASE, as I keep saying over and over again, PLEASE contact us directly. This is not a customer service forum for us, and any feedback you give here is NOT communicated to the people who need to know.
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Ricoche wrote:I wasn't aware of the limitations of Kontakt version v4.2 and v5. I only use Kontakt with Fantom Creator because it's not reading much of any other format. I'll be happy to send a list of formats that are not working with Fantom Creator.
So PLEASE do so. I hate to keep saying the same thing over and over, but PLEASE contact Chicken Systems directly and tell them that other formats aren't working. This is NOT a customer service forum for us. In the Fantom Creator manual, there are instructions for contacting us. Please use them, and do not use up space and bandwidth on this forum.
Ricoche wrote:I communicate on this forum for two reasons. One, I get replies
Actually you don't. Chicken Systems addresses your issues directly when you contact them, not anywhere else. I'm probably done here. I'm happy to answer questions about the software, but that's not what you've been doing. You've been speaking into the ether about this and that, making statements which some are true and some aren't (that is, you're guessing) and not addressing us with questions at all.
Ricoche wrote:and two so others can get an idea of how the software is working.
We can only speak to you as a user, not as a reviewer. If you want to review the software (which I'm guessing is what you want to do), please contact us directly FIRST so you don't spread guesses and misinformation in public areas like this.
Ricoche wrote:I think understanding Fantom Creator is relevant to the Roland forum. It's also difficult to find info at the moment.
No, it's incredibly EASY to find out any information you want about Fantom Creator: thoroughly, accurately, timely, and completely to your satisfaction.

CONTACT CHICKEN SYSTEMS DIRECTLY!!!!!!