Fantom X Double Notes on Live non-local play

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
interactii

Fantom X Double Notes on Live non-local play

Post by interactii »

I'm having a problem with double notes playing when I press keys on the Fantom X6 with my Midi setup.

The keyboard is connected via USB to the host (Win 7), and local note play is disabled on the keyboard. I'm using Cakewalk 9.03 because I'm a dinosaur. :)

I've got it in Mixer Mode (Performance) and on the PC side have bank 0 (GM) selected, channel 1 (I've tried other channels too, its the same), Patch 1. I can clearly hear that when I play a note on the keyboard, it is playing the same note twice with the tinyest of offset; like really really small - like the minimum possible offset. If I have cakewalk play the note manually (using the piano roll or whatever) its totally fine, and also playback is totally fine, but if I play it on the keyboard, it sounds really bad. Local is disabled on the keyboard side.

I've used MIDI-OX and confirmed that there is only one note in and one note out when this occurs.

I've had this problem forever, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does anyone happen to have a complete INS file for cakewalk or sonar with GM and the SRX boards?

Thank you!
Romey

Re: Fantom X Double Notes on Live non-local play

Post by Romey »

Hi interactii
I use Sonar with my Fantom as well. Just wondering if you disconnect the fantom from the computer does your local control function properly?