Fantom X with Audio Tracks Sequencer and Load Times

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
robertkoa

Fantom X with Audio Tracks Sequencer and Load Times

Post by robertkoa »

Years ago I used an XP 60 as a Sequencer
with a sampler and another Module to do some Pro composing/recording.

The XP Sequencer using Groove Templates 100 patterns per sequence , recording RPS Pattern Play ( resulting in
"Nested" Patterns etc .was really powerful
for 16 midi channels internal and another
16 external etc etc and timing was rock solid- I got it to sound like AKAI MPC feel
for R&B etc.

I no longer have it so want to get either an
X Series or G series- here I want to know about X with Audio Expansion Tracks and
how far they scaled back the Sequencer from XP Series ( a little or a lot).
1) XP had Groove Templates and USER Templates for velocity and timing- now they are just timing not velocity but do I still have USER Groove Templates ?

2)I used to load Patterns 1 thru 10 from
One Song into a new Song for cross fertilization of Ideas ...hi hat patterns ..
happy accidents etc..( lol)
3) Can you still load Patterns from one Song to a New Song ?
4 )Can you have 30 or so Patterns assigned to keys?
5) 100 Patterns per Song in Fantom X ?
6 ) Can you still record RPS Performances and merge in real time etc ?
7 ) Will using the Audio Tracks with about
3 minutes or 5 or 10 minutes of Guitar Parts per Song ( saving memory by pasting where possible but some may be full linear) be possible ?

8) Load Times - will 5 to 10 minutes of Total Audio Files take 10 minutes or 30 minutes or 45 minutes to load ?

I prefer a LOT of preproduction then tracking and mixing down in a Pro Studio rather than the endless trying to equal a Pro Studio at Home.

Thinking with Fantom X I can experiment with Guitar ( my real Instrument) on modern Grooves ( I was a Pro Programmer on XP 60 with ASR10 and Mophat Turbo , Alesis Masterlink )as a powerful little Rig) ?

No longer have the ASR 10 or Masterlink
but have the Mophat- the XP 60 was easy to come up with quick ideas and grooves
so probably want to use the Fantom X or Fantom G .. I could find an XP but then would need a Mac to record even for preproduction due to lots of Guitar etc.

The disc drive died on both the XP and the ASR eventually so non moving memory is better this time around.
Hence the questions..

Thanks.