FANTOM X6 PATCH/SOUND IMPORT HELP?!!

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
soulja51ngh

FANTOM X6 PATCH/SOUND IMPORT HELP?!!

Post by soulja51ngh »

Hi Everyone

I recently got my hands on a Fantom X6 (preowned obviously).
My main purpose of getting this was for indian sounds which I don't have installed on the keyboard :(

However, the sounds/patches that are on the keyboard already are great and I want to keep them but at the same time I want to install Indian sounds aswell without losing any of the sounds currently installed. I just want to be able to add to the library.

1.) Has anybody got any indian patches that they can share with me??

2.) If it is a .fxl file then as far as im aware, I can copy the sounds using the librarian software? Is this right??

3.) Can you have multiple .SVD files?? I may possibly be able to get a patch in .SVD format but will this overwrite my current sounds in the keyboard? is there a way to import the .SVD file without overwriting

4.) How can I import the .SVD file?? Can I add it to the current roland folder named (SND) with the current fans.svd file or can you only have one file in there??

4.) Can anyone advise me how I can get myself around this situation??

I REALLY HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE TO YOU ALL AS ITS COMPLICATED FOR MYSELF TO EXPLAIN HAHA
MUCH MUCH APPREACIATED TO ANYONE THAT REPLIES!!
Andy Keys

Re: FANTOM X6 PATCH/SOUND IMPORT HELP?!!

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi soulja51ngh, welcome to the Clan, and congratulations on your X6.

The good news is that all the factory preset Patches in the User bank are copies of Patches in the Preset banks, so you can happily write over them without losing anything.

If you haven't got all the manuals, you can get them from RolandUS here.

In answer to your questions:
1) I don't, but there are some on the SRX-09 World expansion card. It might be worth checking that out.
If anyone does have some Indian patches to share I'm sure there are many people here who would love to hear them.

2) Yes, .fxl is a Fantom X Librarian file.

3&4) You can have multiple SVD files but only one in the SND folder at a time. Here's where a handful of CF cards come in, if you can find the right ones for the Fantom X. Or, copy/paste the files to and from the Fantom from your computer, but there is a risk here that you will accidentally overwrite some sounds you want, so make sure you have backups of everything!

hope this helps
Andy